Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
,got done again on packaging ,but this time it wasnt ebay it was arlen ness, check out the size of my bit and the size of the box in relation to a cigerette lighter ,grrrrrrr

Attachments

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
I just got a pair of gloves yesterday that came in about the same sized box. Wonder what some shipping folks are not thinking?

Let us know what you think of that product after the install.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Postage goes mainly by weight/distance. Box size only comes into play after a certain measurement. Still, ya think they could find a smaller box.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shipping to aust ,most of the time its weight and size ,for that they could have used a freaking padded envelope

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
It's for your OWN PROTECTION!

Lucky they didn't put a HELMET on it!

Rick

I kill me....

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
most times they do that as smaller packets get lost easier

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
most times they do that as smaller packets get lost easier
:them: this is what i was told by shipping company's. i do the same when shipping stuff.except i ship everything flat rate with tracking #

·
EXCELSIOR
8,460 Posts
Boxes of a size range cost the same to buy so they limit the sizes they get. As for shipping, it's genrally by weight, also bracketed so the shipping cost is no more. The benefit is they can fit larger items in if need be.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...consider yourself lucky that they didn't fill the box with confetti or plastic chips.
oh i hate that stuff with a passion ,i always end up with it everywhere when fishing around for my tiny partand i spose the loosing the package makes sense.but i still think a big padded envelope would be just as good with a tracking number.anyway hope the roller bearing works well .im thinking it will make the throttle silky smooth

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
It could be worse. Last week I had a snowmobile windshield shipped to me folded in half and crammed into a couple helmet boxes taped together.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shite u just reminded me ,kelrush ,i hvent heard from the guy that was going to do it ,oopsys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts