Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum a few days ago. Sold my 06 ZX-10R Ninja last week and picked up my 07 VRSCAW (Black) today.

Always owned in-line 4's and sport bikes.

Initial impressions on first 75 miles today -- I believe it will be my favorite bike ever. No other one has made me smile with it just sitting in the garage.

I have alot to learn, your paitence and help would be appreciated. Was thinking my first change would be the pipes. I seem to like the idea of the V-modded (that is drilling out the inner baffle of the stock pipes). Thought I might try to purchase a set and attempt the mod myself -- I do not have the confidence to take mine off and hope that it works out. What would be a fair price to pay for a set to mod? Do I have to have a fuel management system or power commander?

I look forward to learning from you and getting to know you.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
good choice and welcome aboard

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Welcome...I'm coming off a 06 1000RR...you will not regret getting this bike!!!

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Welcome!

Enjoy!!!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts

You will need some sort of fuel management. A Power Commander will do the trick, but there are also many other options out there. I'm not sure on a price, but you should be able to find a set of stock pipes fairly cheap. I'm sure someone here on the forum has a set that you can buy. Try posting in the wanted section for a set.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats and welcome!!

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Welcome aboard brother! And if you're looking for good info on the V-Rod you done hit the jackpot. If somebody on here doesn't know the answer, the question wasn't worth asking.

And I'm confident you'll find the helpfulness, maturity, civility, and knowledge levels here several cuts above what you're used to from the sport bike boards.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been out crusing again. I certainly made the right decision. Probably want be able to sleep tonight becuase of the big smile.

·
Open up and say AHH!
343 Posts
Welcome. I also had a sportbike and never smiled as much as on the rod. Vmods have awesome sound! Loud, but not obscene. You can just get the generic stage 1 download from Harley (along with SE filter) if you wanna go cheap....works well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts