Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man they are nice.. putting them on with a d and d fat cat, and having it dyno tuned to perfection this week, will post dynos on it. should pull upwards of 130 he told me. with a lil bit of other secrete tweeking he said.. hope its true.. we will see..

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
nightrod81 said:
man they are nice.. putting them on with a d and d fat cat, and having it dyno tuned to perfection this week, will post dynos on it. should pull upwards of 130 he told me. with a lil bit of other secrete tweeking he said.. hope its true.. we will see..

130?? Damn, if that is the case, everybody will be buying these.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nahh, i never said just from that, hes doing a few lil things also.. and its only cuz he cranks the rpm limiter up higher.. so please noone quote me on just the t bodys makin that power.. he said hes gonna do some stuff else to it, and he said it wont leave here with out 130 at the rear..

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,396 Posts
nightrod81 said:
he said hes gonna do some stuff else to it, and he said it wont leave here with out 130 at the rear..
Better get used to not having a bike for a long time... :angeldev:

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
DTHDOC said:
sounds like he is selling you HP on paper:deal:
:stupid: Tuning Secrets??? This ought to be good... :coff:

·
Registered
229 Posts
nightrod81 said:
nahh, i never said just from that, hes doing a few lil things also.. and its only cuz he cranks the rpm limiter up higher.. so please noone quote me on just the t bodys makin that power.. he said hes gonna do some stuff else to it, and he said it wont leave here with out 130 at the rear..
How do you increase the RPM limiter?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
smoothrod said:
What happend to the turbo?

turbos goin on this winter, im going to build a turbo motor like max, having the bearings pinned, and stuff like that, H beam rods the hole works, with lower comp pistons, i allmost have all the stuff now for it, sending it out to eagle this winter, and i am not saying in any way this motor will have 130 hp when it leaves the tuner, thats just what he tells me, theres coutless Vrods hes done that will smoke built up SE bikes, and all he did was put larger tbs and a fatcat pipe on it and other stuff he wont tell.. and as for bumping up the rev limiter i dont know how the hell he does it, like i said before dont quote me on him actually gittin 130, but he said 1 week and it will have it.. but we will see.. i told him i didnt belive it myself till i saw it, he said well you will see it.. hes extreamly good and prob is the best around for tuning and repairs..

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
smokenjoe01 said:
:stac:

Just like 130hp from a 1130 :paper:

are you on crack joe? why do you have to be so negative all the time? i guess you have to be on edge all the time when you work a bottle.. its only a matter of time till a turbo hands you your ass.. geez.. what at dick.. whats it feel like to be a constant asshole?

·
Registered
229 Posts
nightrod81 said:
are you on crack joe? why do you have to be so negative all the time? i guess you have to be on edge all the time when you work a bottle.. its only a matter of time till a turbo hands you your ass.. geez.. what at dick.. whats it feel like to be a constant asshole?
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it hommie... You really can't tell the tone sometimes on these threads.
To be honest with you, 130rwhp is amazing if you have a stock setup with 58mm TBs... you have to agree with that.
I think everyone is curious on how he is going to produce a honest 130rwhp on an otherwise stock set up.
How much are you paying this guy to tune your bike? I would want to be present when he does the dyno testing.
Just my :2cents:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
nightrod81 said:

I don't think Joe is being a dick :deal: but if your tuner think he can get 130 rear hp with a pipe TB and tune hes pulling your dick :)...... You or he will need heads and cams along with the rest of the parts your talking about to get those #'s

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
nightrod81 said:
and as for bumping up the rev limiter i dont know how the hell he does it,
There has only been 2 ways to raise the rev limiter on a vrod. The first was to install the factory flash, and it moved it up 200 rpm. The second way is to install a Race Tuner. I think there is now a 3rd way with the new PowerCommander. But it's futile to raise it with stock cams anyway. The power peaks out around 8600-8700 and it's downhill from there. You can spin the thing as high as you want with stock cams, but you will no longer be in the power band.

On a stock motor, the larger TBs may be good for a couple of hp, but no pipe/tb combination on a stock 1130 motor is going to get near 120 let alone 130. That's big bore w/bigger cams territory.

I'd be cautious of anyone making those sorts of claims, don't get ripped. There are plenty of threads about how to manipulate a dyno to show any number you want it to show.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
VrodG said:
I don't think Joe is being a dick :deal: but if your tuner think he can get 130 rear hp with a pipe TB and tune hes pulling your dick :)...... You or he will need heads and cams along with the rest of the parts your talking about to get those #'s

:stupid:

From everything that I've read the TB's alone have a small if any noticable difference on a stock motor.

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
yeah I would be watchin him, mine dyno'd at 126, 82 w/ tb, se heads, megacycle cams on v-mods dyno. I don't think joe was hackin on ya, he was just telling it like it is. People imply stuff to typed print way to much. Well, I wish ya luck w/ the build

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
DTHDOC said:
115 at most wit 58TB's

The only way your going to get to an honest 130 "btw your guy can make the dyno say anything he wants" is to do cams and SE heads with those throttle-bodies.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
nic_a_bod said:
I don't think joe was hackin on ya, he was just telling it like it is.
Reality hurts feelings sometimes!
I am not trying to be a DICK It just comes naturally to me.
You came on this forum blowing up every post with how your gonna buy everything made for a VROD. So far you haven't done :stac: Except make outrageous claims of huge HP numbers from some stellar tuner that nobody has heard of.
I am just trying to keep it real. Lots of BS to read through.:paper:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.