Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my orange 2006 screaming eagle V-rod. Traded in my 06 Road King, I logged 16,000 miles on that one before I decided I wasn't old enough to ride that bike. The new bike only had 343 miles when I rode it off the dealerships lot. I logged in 137 miles yesterday. The first modification needed is exhaust, I want a deep throaty sound similar to the traditional big twin sound. I've heard the Carey Faas, sounds good but only when your realy romping on it. The rienharts seemed to sound good in the mid RPM range, but not as loud as the CFR pipe in the real high range. For those who have been on Rods a long time, how often to your ride in the high range around town? Is there a way to replace the baffels in the stock pipe to get the deep loud sound? If so does this require a race tuner?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Congrats and Welcome, You can v-mod your pipes to get a deep throaty sound that is not that harsh, or you can get the rinehart 2-2 and have the more traditional loud sound or you can get the CFR for loud sound. 2-1's don't have much traditional sound that you are looking for. The 2-2 get the most traditional sound. My 2-2 rineharts are very loud through all rpm ranges especially the high ranges. You will need a fuel management device for most all exhaust mods or replacements but it doesn't have to be a race tuner. You can use a power commander,race fueler,gils box, DFO,Vance&Hines etc. Any will work if you are only doing minor mods.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride. Your gonna love it.

You can tame the sound of the Rinehart 2-2's to be exactly the sound level that you want. I (Hi-Def) and (rsc) have done this and have collaborated in designing a great solution that makes the 2-2's sound awesome. Just check our threads on this subject by going to our profiles and then click on find all posts or threads by us. There is all the info you need.

I may know somebody that has a set of 2-2's for sale.

Good Luck and happy modding!

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Great choice of bikes

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride. You couldn't have started with a better version of the V-rod, just mho. Good luck finding the sound you are after. Ride often, ride free, live loud!!

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
welcome!!

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
welcome to the family!!! Also, welcome to the 1250 cc club. Great choice of the vrod.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
welcome brother!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Welcome nice choice!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Real Harley Guy said:
...I want a deep throaty sound similar to the traditional big twin sound. I've heard the Carey Faas, sounds good but only when your realy romping on it. The rienharts seemed to sound good in the mid RPM range, but not as loud as the CFR pipe in the real high range. For those who have been on Rods a long time, how often to your ride in the high range around town? Is there a way to replace the baffels in the stock pipe to get the deep loud sound? If so does this require a race tuner?
For starters I don't fall into your category of having "been on Rods a long time" or even having been on motorcycles a long time, so keep that in mind as you read my comments. I have read on the forum, but certainly don't know first hand that the there is not a huge difference in sound between the Rinehart 2 into 2 then the Rineharts 2 into 1 with the exception that the 2 into 2's are louder. Not knowing which Rineharts you were referring to in your original post something to consider is the amount of horsepower and torque you are getting out of these different pipes, especially if others confirm that the sound isn't that much different. There is a thread floating around that compare the CFR with the Rinehart 2 into 1, if you havn't already found it. I remember some of the mechanics and tuners that are forum members talking about the V-Rod being happy in the higher RPM ranges so I traditionally ride in the higher RPM ranges around town. Welcome and great choice but I am biased. Post some pics. Lastly, do you mind if I ask how much you paid as I am considering selling mine and starting to think of price to sell it for.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts