Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Breathless radiator grill vents covers.....

$80.00 for chicken wire ........

I can't justify the price for that (SORRY)

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
Bummer.
Have you seen the thread in the Products Section?
$1.44 grill material at Home Depot?

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Lenny,
Haven't you seen me calling Ernie out and the pathetic replies? Send them back! NOW!

The only person I know who likes theirs, is sponsored by BPP!
Getting CRAP for free, can pollute one's mind.

Can you say SNAKE OIL?!?

John

·
Registered
765 Posts
Lenny,

If you're not happy, send them back! Spend the 80 bucks on gas!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:hidesbehi

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
IMHO the radiator "grill" sets are fixing a problem that doesn't really exist.

To start with, unless you take your V-Rod on a lot of dirt or gravel roads, it doesn't really pick up that much stuff inside that radiator shell. Secondly, even if you DO happen to get the odd pebble in there, its not as if its impossible to get out with a shop-vac and a crevice tool. And thirdly, I'd be more concerned about restricting air flow to the radiator with some half-baked (and probably untested) gimcrack. And "chickenwire" like these guys are selling isn't going to do anything about tiny pebbles anyway.

As someone said: $80 will fill up your V-Rod with Super Unleaded about 15 times. You can enjoy a heck of a lot of fun miles with 15 tankfuls of gas.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Joe,
I know, I really need to learn to speak my mine. Proof I didn't, is Lenny buying those POS grills from that shyster. BTW, Lenny and I have ridden together before and I consider him my friend. :)

John

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks John,
I've always admired you on this forum and now as a person because I
know you (What I admire is you say whats on your mind and you're not a bullsh!t-er)
Peace,

Let's go for a ride soon,

Lenny

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Thanks Lenny,
I'm going out for a ride in a few (75° right now on the way to 80°)! I have my son this weekend, but I'm open next!

John

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
RE: "IMHO the radiator "grill" sets are fixing a problem that doesn't really exist."

You're right. I do believe that the grill restricts the airflow quite a bit.
And you're right about no longer being able to vacuum out the scoops, but the real reason that I put them on was to:

1. Have an excuse to do a little project with my bike.
and
2. Because I think it looks cool. (even the engine might see it as 'hot')

The gravel thing is really barely a reason- it was just the instigation of the thread. I do live on a dirt road tho'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts