Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just finished the install on my 16' muscle with a Fitzgerald straight to hell pipe. That thing is crazy loud. Has anyone installed some extra baffles in the pipes to maybe take it down a notch?
I'd personally like to be able to hear in the next year. :D

Also, it kinda smells. I suspect that's just the ceramic coating burning onto the pipes? Anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ear plugs. No way around it running drag style headers on the Vrod. I wear a Shoei RF1200 helmet and high end gun range hearing protection. It still is a little loud but OK. You need the "sucker punch" if you need less volume.

Fyi...I recommend plugs either way as even the wind noise on a bike will cause tinnitus. I have hearing loss from racing....bicycles...yep...bicycles. I bet most of the guys on the tdf are fairly hard of hearing.

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
Huh ?
Quit mumbling!

(hearing aids since 1980)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I found a baffle that should do the trick. Will also be investing in earplugs.

·
-MIG
Delilah, my '16 Muscle & Fiona, my '14 Triumph Rocket III Touring
153 Posts
Cool! Be sure to let us know how it sounds afterwards...
-MIG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.