Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just finished the install on my 16' muscle with a Fitzgerald straight to hell pipe. That thing is crazy loud. Has anyone installed some extra baffles in the pipes to maybe take it down a notch?
I'd personally like to be able to hear in the next year. :D

Also, it kinda smells. I suspect that's just the ceramic coating burning onto the pipes? Anyone else have experience with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ear plugs. No way around it running drag style headers on the Vrod. I wear a Shoei RF1200 helmet and high end gun range hearing protection. It still is a little loud but OK. You need the "sucker punch" if you need less volume.

Fyi...I recommend plugs either way as even the wind noise on a bike will cause tinnitus. I have hearing loss from racing....bicycles...yep...bicycles. I bet most of the guys on the tdf are fairly hard of hearing.

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
I find that good earbuds with music playing is the best

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
Huh ?
Quit mumbling!

(hearing aids since 1980)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I found a baffle that should do the trick. Will also be investing in earplugs.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There are 2 types of baffles. The ones with packable fiberglass will be the quietest option. Plus with that one you can always add more or take out the packing to adjust the level

1 - 8 of 8 Posts