Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This place is a God send. I have been reading and reading and reading this since I heard about it. I Live in Cali. Got a DX in May. 2500 miles later, I need more sound! Thanks to all for the tips and pointers.
Here is what I did to mine to wake up the sound demon;
0. Didn't remove cans.
1. Removed end caps.
2. Drilled 4 holes in the top baffle. 2 on the upper half, 2 on the lower half. Came in at an angle from the outside to drill them with a 1/2 inch (for metal) drill bit.
3. Did the same thing to the 2nd (lower) exhaust baffle.
4. Started up bike.
5. I think I'm in heaven.
6. Placed endcaps back on the exhaust.

Man, it's a whole different sounding bike! I was told it sounds like a Harley now. I was told by a Harley Mech that since I had only drilled the baffles, I wouldn't need a fuel Manangement system. Any thoughts on this. He mentioned a 1st or 2nd stage download from Harley if I went further in removing the baffle all together. (with a K& N also).
Should I get the download (the 1st or 2nd ) if I'm only going with the K & N with the drilled baffles?

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Hey, I did the same to my stock pipes too, much better sound :)

You are close, hope to see you on a ride someday!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I´m new in here and my english is not perfect but it´s been great to learn new things about my dx reading what you all have done to your bikes.
I took off the catalytic converter, emptied the cans and put a straight pipe with ful of holes in and put some insulating material in. Got an increrdibly low aggressive rumble. Also when engine-braking, I can hear the back-fire vividly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts