Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Scott
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Suburban H-D's (Milwaukee, WI) block party yesterday. They have a V-BAG for sale...it's a Road Glide fairing attached to the frame...what's the point?

07-07-07_1813.jpg 07-07-07_1814.jpg 07-07-07_1815.jpg

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
The point is a smooth running, water-cooled 110 hp bagger. Not my cup of tea, but I get it.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Some people want to tour on a Harley without seetling for a twinkie. It's their money and their bike. So what's wrong with that?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Sure wish those doing that would at least put fake gauges in the gauge holes. WTF? They don't have to actually work! Going to all that trouble and then stopping at 90%.
But Steppenwolf is correct. Who wants 1939 technology?

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
I think they've been stuck with that bike for a couple of years now. They want way too much $$$$$ for it if I remember correctly.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I've considered it on more than one occasion. Usually riding in the rain.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
That is like taking a beautiful, sexy woman and dressing her in grandma's clothes, complete with large hat and carpet bag purse, sensible flats, 'cross your heart" bra, granny panties.....etc....yuck!

I love the bike and I like being comfortable but that is a bit silly!

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
It may not be that pretty, but if you want to cruise on the highway for a long distance, you would start to understand why after about 60 miles.

I have a real Road Glide and if I could swap the motor and transmission out for the revolution I would do it in a heart beat.

I think this bike is a statement to HD to put the motor in a bagger frame. I g

·
Phil Z.
1,117 Posts
I understand it. I deal with it myself, since I have to carry tools for my job. the look isn't as repulsive for me as it used to be so I guess its growing on me. I suppose the real answer is going to be getting a second vrod and leave one for play and one for practical use.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i'd buy a road glide, road king, ultra, dyna, whatever as long as it had the street ripping balls of a v rod... until then i'll stick with my v and my bags and such...

·
Scott
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've ridden a 700+ mile trip on my V and a 800+ mile trip on a friend's Road Glide and I can tell you from mass-ass-experience that the V-ROD was NOT designed for touring!!

Unfortunately I don't have that-kind of money to spend so I'd probably buy a Road Glide and stick a Big-Bore engine in it instead.

LL Cool K...you're right. They said they've had it for over 2 years now.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I rode my V-Rod to Myrtle Beach. A friend who was down there had to fly back due to his buisness partner's untimely death. We had a local dealer down there selling bikes, and they agreed to take one of our bikes back for us.

Since the V-rod had limited range, I was voted into having my bike trailered back to Toledo, and I rode the road glide.

It's a nice cruising bike, but I was bored to death on it. It had no pickup over 70 MPH and it could barely get me through the blue ridge mountians. The handling was very neutral and sure. The instruments gave me a little motion sickness, 2 guages move with the bars, the rest attached to the fixed fairing. It took a little getting used to. The thing I liked the most was the cruise control. Other than that, I would have RATHER been on my V-Rod.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Having made several 800 plus mile days on the V-Rod (admittedly set up for touring), I can't imagine anything that would work better. Of course I moved up from a '67 BSA, which was good for about 40 miles before I lost all feeling in my arms and bottom.

·
1,738 Posts
Daniii said:
Sure wish those doing that would at least put fake gauges in the gauger holes. WTF? They don't have to actually work! Going to all that trouble and then stopping at 90%.
But Steppenwolf is correct. Who wants 1939 technology?
I agree, but why fake gauges? I am sure you can find water temp and oil temp gauges, clocks, etc to put in them. Anything but those stupid looking round gaugeless plastic spaces. I have seen ones out here that they do not even bother to put a radio in.

Fred

·
Scott
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i have no problem riding my v long distances... and for the record if my v rod looked like gwyneth i would not have bought it....

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
jedi said:
i have no problem riding my v long distances... and for the record if my v rod looked like gwyneth i would not have bought it....
Who else am I going to use as a example, Kristy Alley? I had to have before and after picts. Plus for a blond She aint bad.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts