Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NOOB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all....My new Exhaust system(V&H 2:1 indy blk ceramic) for a '09 NRS just came in and i'm a little worried BC i don't have a high flow air filter or a Fuelpack installed. will this discolor the new pipes if i run the bike for a month or 2 or are there any other problems this could present? any help or concerns would be appreciated!!! THNX!:moped:

·
NOOB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hhhmmmm!!! thanks for your input...its gonna be torture to wait any longer but i should do it right the first time!!

·
NOOB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Steve your post does help...i'm new to all of this and the last thing i need is to screw up my first bike...i'm looking into a fuel pack and a k&n now and it looks like another $300. but does anybody have a recommendations for going topless or semi-topless and what are the gains to be expected! also I've read that there is a lot of heat coming off these pipes...will this cause any damage to the factory wiring or lines?

·
NOOB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know i'm beating a dead horse here but what kind of but what is a good fuel management to use. PC111 or fuelpack or anything similar? does anybody know the specific differences, does one offer more performance over another? basically what should i look at when deciding what to buy? please help BC i am new to all of this.
thanks...

·
NOOB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone???

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
anyone???
Dunno about best i'm sure everyone will say what they use is the best , but I have a PCIII.
1130 with a V&H Indy , stock air filter ,stock everything else and it gave a 5 rwhp gain over stock with a custom map.

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
pcv with auto tune works great for me but it's a pretty penny at $600. And my pipes still discolored almost to a brownish color. But it seems to be a normal thing as I've seen on others bikes. I'm also running kn filter topless. I love the response of this setup over stock.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I run the sert on my bike and had it dyno-tuned.I also run topless with SE filter and the V&H pipes. I love the sound and eveything on this bike. I have almost 1000 miles on them now with no discoloration as of yet.

·
NOOB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the input guys...i guess to each his own when it comes to fuel management and how deep your pockets are :broke:

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i just want to say when you install it make sure the pipe is away from the one engine case , mine moved in and damaged it . once i tightened it after the damage it never moved again

·
NOOB
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just want to say when you install it make sure the pipe is away from the one engine case , mine moved in and damaged it . once i tightened it after the damage it never moved again
thanks for the tip... every little bit helps at this point and by Thursday i should have everything installed...will post pics and videos if anyone is interested

1 - 14 of 14 Posts