Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's friggin' awesome. I have on '04 A, but have always wanted a NRS.

HD dealer didn't give me any key fobs with it....is that normal? My 04 has the passive system, but I thought they all came with that.

I've been reading up on the exhaust stuff you guys have posted about and that's up next.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you should have received two fobs
That's what I was thinking. I asked the sales guy and he said it didn't come with any, so I wasn't sure. Owners manual didn't specify (my '04's manual had more info than the new one). I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the security system a standard feature now? If it is then how could you operate the bike with no fb?
I run my '04 without one....it doesn't automatically set (IIRC, you can turn that feature on and off).

Security is still an option, but I think it's an ABS/security package now (which the '11 doesn't have).

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just went to the HD site and checked. The security system is an option. So if you did not pay for the security system you will not have any fobs. Were you told it had the security system? If so did you get it in writing?

·
Registered
600 Posts
just noticed on the HD site that the security system and ABS brakes are only available as the optional security package. So now you have both or neither. That is different from the way it was sold in the past. You had to choose one or the other.

·
Wick
546 Posts
Opitional Security what next only get a seat if you pay extra.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine is Denim/Orange. No pics yet, but I think I got a very fair deal on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys........they dropped the price alot for 2011.........if you loose the alarm system in the process so what. Go buy one and add it....
A 2010 DX was $16,699 and new 2011 is now $14,699.

·
Registered
475 Posts
just noticed on the HD site that the security system and ABS brakes are only available as the optional security package. So now you have both or neither. That is different from the way it was sold in the past. You had to choose one or the other.
I think there is a reason for that. You use to be able to get them to knock off the cost for the Security, it was a fairly inexpensive option ($300ish). Now if they include it as a package, those who want the ABS will pay for the security. I wonder with the change of MSRP price, how much they are willing to negotiate on the new MSRP. IF they aren't really moving on it much, than it is no different than getting them to knock off some MSRP when the bikes were $16,699. Mine out the door in September of 2008 was $15,300, that is with tax, title, liscense, EVERYTHING (included security, no ABS)

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Just went to the HD site and checked. The security system is an option. So if you did not pay for the security system you will not have any fobs. Were you told it had the security system? If so did you get it in writing?
So, does that mean the 2011 bikes don't have the keyless ignition?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
may I ask what you paid?

PM sent.

Called Harley just to verify. No key fobs unless you get the optional security system/ABS combo. It makes more sense after I received my owners manual, as the section in the '04 manual about the "base" system is now gone in the '11 manual.

Here's a couple pics. First one is from tonight, next to my buddy's new Street Glide (he traded in his 'wing...we both bought bikes on the same day).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts