Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three months of waiting for my house to sell, it will finalized on the 31 Aug 07. My plan was to by a Night Rod when it sold. After months searching the web, calling dealers, visiting dealers, and searching on eBay, I found one and bought it. I'll be picking it up next week. It already has the Screamin' Eagle's slip ons and tuned to the bike. The current owner works at a Harley dealer and told me that he put it on a dyno and the Screamin' Eagles are awsome for that bike. Now I'm searching for forward controls and also plan on switching to the 5 gallon tank. I've got the information, thanks to this site!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Congrats!! Mine used to be a nightrod.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Congrats! Do you have pictures of this setup? As far as I know, the only Screaming Eagle VRSC pipes were not compatible with the Night Rod (both the SEs and the 16 ga) - not while keeping mid controls, anyway. Would love to see how they fit them.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steppenwolf said:
Congrats! Do you have pictures of this setup? As far as I know, the only Screaming Eagle VRSC pipes were not compatible with the Night Rod (both the SEs and the 16 ga) - not while keeping mid controls, anyway. Would love to see how they fit them.

Does this help any??

46d4_1.jpg

027d_1.jpg

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steppenwolf said:
Those aren't SE pipes - they are the HD Holow Points. Looks nice, though!

The current owner listed them as SE. Either way, I like the looks. When I pick it up next week, I'll ask him.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Congrats Bro it doesn't matter if there SE or HD hollow points you'll eventually put a CFR on:stilpoke:

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
These are the Screaming Eagle slip-ons (notice the words "Screaming Eagle" engraved on them):

These are the SE 16 Gauge (again, note the engraving):

Harley no longer sells the Screaming Eagle exhaust due to emissions and noise compliance laws.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steppenwolf said:
These are the Screaming Eagle slip-ons (notice the words "Screaming Eagle" engraved on them):

These are the SE 16 Gauge (again, note the engraving):

Harley no longer sells the Screaming Eagle exhaust due to emissions and noise compliance laws.

Yeah, I see that. Screamin' Chicken have always had there engravings on them. I haven't actually seen the bike yet, I haven't got a good view on it. I couldn't pass on the descent deal I got.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1badnightrod said:
Congrats Bro it doesn't matter if there SE or HD hollow points you'll eventually put a CFR on:stilpoke:

I'll see about that. On my Electra Glide, I had Vance and Hines. Loved the deep tone it put out. I know this will be a different animal!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
If you got a great deal it doesn't matter what pipes are on the bike. You can always change them.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Spaz said:
If you got a great deal it doesn't matter what pipes are on the bike. You can always change them.
Oh - absolutely agreed - and nothing against the Hollow Points, either, though I have never heard them in person. I was just reacting to someone saying "SE Exhaust" on a "D" - especially a newbie - wanted to make sure he knew what he was getting, and was curious for myself, too (always liked the 16 ga - wished I COULD fit them to my D)

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
1badnightrod said:
:them: :stilpoke:

Congrats on your new bike!!! You are going to love it!!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steppenwolf said:
Oh - absolutely agreed - and nothing against the Hollow Points, either, though I have never heard them in person. I was just reacting to someone saying "SE Exhaust" on a "D" - especially a newbie - wanted to make sure he knew what he was getting, and was curious for myself, too (always liked the 16 ga - wished I COULD fit them to my D)

I appreciate the look out. The current owner listed it as Screamin' Chickens, he might be confusing with the ones he has on his other Rod. He did tell me they were a little louder than stock. It has about 1880 miles on it. For the price he asked I thought it was a really decent deal. Other Night Rods had any where from 5000-6000 miles on them and were rentals.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Hey congrats! That's awesome! Truely a great bike! You'll love it!!!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NightMare said:
Hey congrats! That's awesome! Truely a great bike! You'll love it!!!

Hey thanks! Tell Pam that I'm back on two wheels again!! I'm sure she'll have words about that!!
IYAAYAS

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
The D is definitely the best!! If you like carving corners, only the R beats it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Congrats nice ride. I did the V-mod forward controls. Mostly HD parts recomend all the way. You will most likely change the exhaust anyway. Good luck with that. That was the hardest decesion I had to make.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts