Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this Decal off Ebay. Was contemplating how it might look on the SuperSport Windshield. It`s black/chrome vinyl. Anyone have any experience putting a Vinyl Decal on a windshield?

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
TBAG809 said:
I got this Decal off Ebay. Was contemplating how it might look on the SuperSport Windshield. It`s black/chrome vinyl. Anyone have any experience putting a Vinyl Decal on a windshield?
should have no problem...what are the dimensions

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
When you are ready to apply it, get the windshield very, very clean.......

Then take a garden spray bottle and fill it with water, put a drop or two of dishwashing soap in the water and shake up.

Generously spray the windshield and pull off the backing of the decal and spray it down. You should have no problem centering the decal and getting it where you want.

I usually use a very soft squeege to remove the bubbles and moisture from the decal and let sit in the sun and dry.

If you scratch the windshield a little with the squeege, just polish it out after the decal dries.

These instructions are for vinyl and other high quality decals, don't do it with paper of course.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Sounds like you've had some window tinting experience MR_KING. Good instructions.

TBAG, I put a pinstriping material on my windshield some time ago, in the shape of the 100 Anniv emblem and it's held up quite nicely. I'm sure this decal would as well. Just be careful when scraping off the bugs! ;)

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
I saw that decal. let me know how it turns out!

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The instructions that came with it basically say what MR_KING said. My concern I guess is if I do not like it at some point and want to remove it without damaging the windshield. The instructions say it can be removed from painted surfaces with a hair dryer but nothing about any other surface. :confused:

The decal is badass! Very nicely done. The picture doesn`t do it justice...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I wouldn't think the heat from a hair dryer would damage the windshield. So go for it I say!!!

I have installed many a decal and also window tint. I wear many hats at the company I work for.

The guys on the floor are quite impressed when the VP-Engineering comes down and installs decals on an airplane. :D

·
1,738 Posts
Mr King or anyone: What do you recommend to polish out the scratchs on the HD shields? Thanks?

Fred

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Meguires makes a plastic cleaner and polish that works well on sunglasses, cd's and helmet shields. I have also used regular car wax in a pinch. I am sure there are more professional options, but this has worked for me.
Greg

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
:stupid:

They all work pretty good. I keep the HD cleaner and polish handy in my shop at home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts