Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max,
Just wanted to drop a thank you for putting together this site. I just finished a small project on my bike and thanks to you and others on this site it went smoothly. I painted my hand controls (clutch and front brake assembly) as well as the switch housings black to match the rest of the bike. I painted them a Gloss Black not the flat black that comes on the VRSCB to match the headlight and guage cluster that was already painted as well. As well as changing the mirrors to the Kuryakyn signal mirrors. Between all the posts of how-to , and the manual that i downloaded from here it made my job much easier. Especially the pictures you took with the switch housing plugs. That post made taking those deutch plugs apart so easy.
So from taking bits and pieces from alot of posts i was able to cruise smoothly thru my project.
As far as how it came out...........im loving it. It looks so much cleaner with out the wires and the directionals on the bars anymore. AND painting the switch housings black makes the color flow much better thruout the bike (IMO).

Thanks agian...................this site rules!~!!!! :biker:

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
CW-VRod said:
Max,
Just wanted to drop a thank you for putting together this site. I just finished a small project on my bike and thanks to you and others on this site it went smoothly. I painted my hand controls (clutch and front brake assembly) as well as the switch housings black to match the rest of the bike. I painted them a Gloss Black not the flat black that comes on the VRSCB to match the headlight and guage cluster that was already painted as well. As well as changing the mirrors to the Kuryakyn signal mirrors. Between all the posts of how-to , and the manual that i downloaded from here it made my job much easier. Especially the pictures you took with the switch housing plugs. That post made taking those deutch plugs apart so easy.
So from taking bits and pieces from alot of posts i was able to cruise smoothly thru my project.
As far as how it came out...........im loving it. It looks so much cleaner with out the wires and the directionals on the bars anymore. AND painting the switch housings black makes the color flow much better thruout the bike (IMO).

Thanks agian...................this site rules!~!!!! :biker:
Let's see a pic of how you handled those turn signal mirror wires. I'm doing these soon, but want to see ideas on how to run the wiring into the housings in the most concealed manner possible.

Oh, and Max... This place rocks like my V-rod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts