Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search already and couldn't find out what I was looking for, so, does anyone have the Bub Jug Huggers installed on their ROD and how do they sound with and without the steath baffles? Not to concerned with hp gains as I will be installing a nitrous setup at the same time, more concerned with overall sound and tone. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, nobody has any info yet?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Custom Performance has Jug Huggers... well she does anyway! ;P

·
RICK
648 Posts
I've Installed Them For A Couple People-yeah, The Sound Great(loud)
Almost Like A Nascar. Loose A Couple Horse, Pick Up A Little Torque. Awesome Pipes!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how loud are they with the baffles in?

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
where do you get the baffles and how much $ ? My brother in-law is looking for some baffles. Oh and, those are the loudest pipes IMHO

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I have 5 sets of pipes for my bike and these are the loudest of the bunch even with the stock baffles. I like the looks better as well but that is a personal opinion.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I have the Jugg Huggers on my A; they are pretty loud as delivered, that's earplug wearing, car alarming, neighbor hating loud. If you add the stealth baffle it will tone it down about 3 1/2 decibels. I further added a homemade perforated cone baffle, now they are livable, just barely, but still sound awesome. There are a couple of guys on this forum who have welded stealth baffles together or done other things to get them quietened down; try a search on "Jugg" :D

I still think mine are too loud but my wife loves them; even though they still set off the odd car alarm, I'll probably leave them alone. I've even had air heads comment on how good they look and sound. I like the way they clean up the right side of the V.

I bought my stealth baffles from V-mod.com (link on the front page of this forum)

Edit: Sorry, the link has been removed 'www.v-mod.com'

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
vrscd_special said:
I did a search already and couldn't find out what I was looking for, so, does anyone have the Bub Jug Huggers installed on their ROD and how do they sound with and without the steath baffles? Not to concerned with hp gains as I will be installing a nitrous setup at the same time, more concerned with overall sound and tone. Any info is appreciated, thanks.
Ok..this might be compairing apples to oranges.. but I had a set of jug huggers on my VTX..and personally,they sounded AWESOME..and good performance too. Unfortunately the local donut sniffers didnt like 'em as much as I did..

·
Registered
309 Posts
Matt, have you looked into the VMod II exhaust? I've heard they are quit a bit quieter. I just V modded mine yesterday. Actually I left mine alone and did Pat's old set.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Jugs

Who doesn't like Jugs?

I've had several different exhaust systems on mine. The Jugs are the loudest (I have the "stealth" baffles which is certainly a misnomer). I agree with vroder: Too loud for me, but my wife LOVES them. (What is it with these women?) She loves the loudness, the sound, and not burning the inside of her right leg.
What she loves, I love.
So, I love Jugs.

The bottom tip will rub on hard rights on a lowered Rod, but not terrible and it can be easily replaced.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am picking up my 06 Night Rod in a week. It has D&D on it now and has been mapped. I love a loud bike and plan on going to the Jug Huggers (also like the shorter pipe look). Are the stealth baffles easy to install/uninstall and do I just have to have it re-mapped or get a tuner?

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have thought about doind the vmod, but, I hate the look of the stock pipes and the weight that goes with them.

·
RICK
648 Posts
Golfinglenn
The Rear Brake Pedal Hits The Jug Huggers, Plus You Need To Make A Different Mounting Bracket. The Pedal Can Be Pulled And Bent For Clearance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got jug huggers on my night rod the pedal clears it fine but you do need a bracket and vmod sells it its pretty easy to install and these pipes sounds sweet.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Installation of the Jugg Huggers will require a fuel adder (tuner). I tried mine with a map for the SE-II double barrel shotguns (which is fairly aggressive) and still had a mid-range flat spot. My Gil's Box solved that problem and works great.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What about installing a closed loop tuner and using the oxygen sensor port already installed on the jug huggers? You know like the terminal velocity tuner or something like it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts