Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
VrodG said:
The small turbo's :)

Oh and Mike does NICE work. :thumb:

D'oh!!! Brain fart - I forgot you were building the turbo motor. I'm still thinking of the Jones .480/.455 instead of the Megacycles - there was a nice write-up on how the lash on the Jones takes place of a CR

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
D'oh!!! Brain fart - I forgot you were building the turbo motor. I'm still thinking of the Jones .485/.455 instead of the Megacycles - there was a nice write-up on how the lash on the Jones takes place of a CR
I think we are in the same position. I am still deciding on these 2 set of cams.

--------------Duration @ ------Lobe----Lobe
--Part# --.010"--.050"--.200"---Lift---centerline
CR75480__300___254___185___.480"____104
CR75455__300___252___180___.455"____110

or

M77500-In 287°_260°_190°_.500"__104° Stage 2
M77460-Ex 285°_258°_183°_.460"__110° Aftermarket Springs

VrodG, how long did it take to receive the cams after ordering them?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
I'm deciding between

and the equivalent Megacycles - both with the Jones aftermarket springs. I think the Jones .500s are too radical for me.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
I'm deciding between

and the equivalent Megacycles - both with the Jones aftermarket springs. I think the Jones .500s are too radical for me.
:stupid:

Anyone build a motor with these cams in them yet? :wazzup:

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
rjrivero said:
:stupid:

Anyone build a motor with these cams in them yet? :wazzup:
I don't think so, RJ - I'm guessing MikeP will use the Megacycles, b/c Eagle tends to go that way (his bike is being torn down right now). Maybe some of the Destroyer Crank gang this winter will opt for these cams...

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
I don't think so, RJ - I'm guessing MikeP will use the Megacycles, b/c Eagle tends to go that way (his bike is being torn down right now). Maybe some of the Destroyer Crank gang this winter will opt for these cams...
I know what you're talking about, Alex. I have been having discussions with Paul Diener re this very issue.

I think I'm going to just buy them, and let Eagle do a comparison for us all. We may as well see what these Jones Cams can do!

The best answer I got from tinman was, "They don't look bad on paper, but we won't be able to know what they do until we put them in a bike." I presume he means my bike ;)

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
smoothrod said:
Give me a few weeks and hopefully Ill have one with them.
Lonnie - you are building with the Jones .480/455? What bore and stroke?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
rjrivero said:
I know what you're talking about, Alex. I have been having discussions with Paul Diener re this very issue.

I think I'm going to just buy them, and let Eagle do a comparison for us all. We may as well see what these Jones Cams can do!

The best answer I got from tinman was, "They don't look bad on paper, but we won't be able to know what they do until we put them in a bike." I presume he means my bike ;)
I'm rooting for you, Man!! Forge on ahead!!!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
smoothrod said:
Alex I'm building a motor with a 1/8th inch destroyer crank and 1250 bore.
Keep us posted. I'm looking at these Jones Cams and springs in a 1250 bore 1/4" stroker. Using the CP pistons with the repositioned wrist pins. Should be pulling my engine around the beginning of December.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
Keep us posted. I'm looking at these Jones Cams and springs in a 1250 bore 1/4" stroker. Using the CP pistons with the repositioned wrist pins. Should be pulling my engine around the beginning of December.

My bike is on a stand in the garage with the motor ready to come out. By Saturday night it will be pulled and broke apart.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
smoothrod said:
My bike is on a stand in the garage with the motor ready to come out. By Saturday night it will be pulled and broke apart.
I am curious about your build for a bunch of different reasons. I still haven't seen any numbers on the 1300 with the Destroyer Crank. I would like to know how it runs.

I would also like to know if there is a difference between the Jones cams and the Megacycles re-grinds. It would be nice to see them in the same engine, so we know what the difference in the cams truly is.

RJ

·
Formerly BobK
647 Posts
rjrivero said:
I am curious about your build for a bunch of different reasons. I still haven't seen any numbers on the 1300 with the Destroyer Crank. I would like to know how it runs.

I would also like to know if there is a difference between the Jones cams and the Megacycles re-grinds. It would be nice to see them in the same engine, so we know what the difference in the cams truly is.

RJ
I thought you said you were going to do this also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts