Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Joker exhaust was on back order for almost a year. It finally showed up on the doorstep 3 weeks ago. It took a while to install since its not made for the D. The original bracket is different. I wondered if the footpeg and brake was going to fit. It didn't, but only a minor mod. I first cut both brackets on the muffler since they were huge! Then made a muffler bracket out of Stainless steel since it was the only material I had and it matches with the system. Had to dent the rear header in a little to clear the case but not by much. Made O2 bungs out of SS and welded them on so I could use the Daytona Twin Tec.
Over all time was about 3 weekends and some weekdays. It didn't take the 1 day here and there for installing the components like you read in the instructions! Of course I had to modify lots of stuff to get it to fit..
And all of the stories that I read here about the Joker not being made anymore, well look what happend! Now I have a V&H exhaust to sell. The one for the destroyer but without the muffler core. Never installed.
Try the link for some pics.. :moped:
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=517

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Looks Good!!

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Tommy K said:
Looks great man...how about a shot further back?
:them:

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Great job fabricating the mounting bracket. I'm still blown away to see the professional looking work that people are doing at home.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, I saved about 25 pounds with this setup, along with removing the front footpegs, Airbox top etc..
I'll take some more pics tonight.
Been tuning the Twin Tec, so I've been trying to make some WOT runs but its hard to do in the city at 120 mph.. :eek:

BH

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a pic from yesterday.

Attachments

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Looking good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts