Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock mirrors on my 04B model and I'm thinking about buying some Joker bar end mirrors and have a few simple questions.
First, I have the Harley Davidson black foam grips with the emblem on the chrome cap. They're kind of big in diameter which I kind of like. My first question is do the caps just pop off and then insert the mounting expansion bolt in the bar end?

Second, even with my stock mirrors, I see quite a bit of my arms in the mirror and was wondering how much clear rear view I can expect from the bar ends? I realize that they can be adjusted but this will help me decide whether to go with the round or rectangular mirrors. I'm leaning towards the rectangular for some reason and wish I could get them in chrome with a blue tint but I don't see them offered. For what they charge you would think you could have them exactly like you want them!
Respectfully,
Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have Joker grips, grip end caps, mirrors and shift linkage. I will say their products are first rate as far as quality is concerned and their customer service is top notch. I do not have bar end grips but I think member consig64 does. Here is a picture of my grips, end caps and mirrors. I had the problem of too much elbow/forearm and these mirrors solved all of that. I love them.

Phatass

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much!

I guess I've got to wait to hear from someone with the bar ends. By the way, I like your mirrors allot. I go so use to the fat foam HD grips I want to stick with them but with the stock mirrors, like you said, they're is a bunch of shoulder and arm in the picture and I want to eliminate that if at all possible. Also, did or do they make the blue tinted mirrors? Cool bike by the way! Ride Safe.
Respectfully,
Ed

Attachments

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
I run a single bar end and the sight lines are much better than stock. you can also make more adjustments with this mirror. not sure on the grips as i am running the diamond collection grips.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
One thing you can try for free is to put the mirrors under the bars (upside down).

I got to check out a set of joker footpegs and they were beautiful. And surprisingly (for the quality) not expensive either...

-Keith

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I have the stock mirrors on my 04B model and I'm thinking about buying some Joker bar end mirrors and have a few simple questions.
First, I have the Harley Davidson black foam grips with the emblem on the chrome cap. They're kind of big in diameter which I kind of like. My first question is do the caps just pop off and then insert the mounting expansion bolt in the bar end?
I have Joker barends on both my V-rods and everyone who takes my bikes for a ride are impressed with the visibility these mirrors provide (a 100x's better than stock). You have to remove the end caps from the grips, slide the grips inwards (have to remove the switch housings), and drill two holes (I believe 1/8" holes) in each side because the Joker mirrors use set screws to hold them into place. I have the 2 1/2" on one bike and the 3 1/2" on the other bike and have to say the 3 1/2" offer more visibility (obviously).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts