Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I picked up my 07 black cherry and pewter AW on friday. I was set on an 05 B but this bike has 8000 less miles and that 240 tire. The previous owner bought the bike from a bank (repo'd) so he didn't know too much about the mods. After poking around a little it looks like I have a D&D Fat Cat exhaust, K&N filter (airbox lid on), and a PCIII.

I'm posting here to introduce myself and to ask if there is anything I need to know about this specific year or setup. I can see there's a ton of info on here so maybe I should just shut up and get to reading :D

Thanks,

Tyler

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
:vrodforu:
gas gauge sucks so use the trip-ometers instead. Turn the ignition switch to Acc and allow it to do the self calibration dance before switching to ignition and starting. Many have found this to "solve" the wonky fuel gauge issue.
Depending on the date of manufacture, your tins may be the preferred aluminum instead of steel.
Not sure of how many miles are on the bike, but now is about the time for the rear brake switch to fail

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. My bike only has about 3600 miles at the moment. I had the airbox cover (fake fuel tank) off the other day and it felt pretty lightweight - what's the benefit of aluminum over steel? Just weight? I believe build date is 10/06 but don't quote me on that.

I can see my wallet shrinking already. I'd really like to eliminate the plastic fender/mud flap thing but I'm guessing if I go with a Clear Alternatives integrated tail light I'll soon be lowering the rear of the bike. Once the rear is lowered the front will have to follow then polished / chromed wheels and I'm not sure I want to take that path just yet.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Believe that '06 was the last year they put aluminum skins on the bikes. Weight is a big deal, lack of rust is another one, and you can't get the anodized look w/steel skins

·
Dean
775 Posts
Welcome.......The A/AW club...is the best club going!:hidesbeh:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I tried the magnet test and it looks like my airbox cover is aluminum and the fenders are steel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.