Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
MORTUS DISCRIMINATUS
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to do it. I've admired H20V's and CptAmerica's fairing mod for a while. So I pulled the trigger and here is the outcome. Also, I picked up one of those craftsman powdercoating guns that have a thread on here and coated the brackets and clamps. It did a pretty good job.

I fabricated some upper barckets to give so stability to the upper portion of the fairing but I made them about an inch to short. So I'll have to cut some new ones and recoat them. That should puch the upper portion of the fairing forward a bit bringing it closer to the light.

Two more mods left and I'm done (I think). I need to cut a new rear fender. This one I made about 4-5 inches too short. Then shave down the seat to reveal deeper lines on the bike. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
really TUFF .............

·
Defender of Freedom
716 Posts
:notworth: looks good man! Question, why did you need to fab upper brackets? The ones that are supposed to come with it mount to the lower portion and then to the windshield bolt holes as well. I've never had any issues with upper fairing stability with mine. Did yours not come with the full length brackets? I like the look, nice and sleek. Good work.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Looks nice. I dig your rear fender

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
580 Posts
Damn Damn Damn. You guys are killing me, I have go have this now.

·
MORTUS DISCRIMINATUS
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Question, why did you need to fab upper brackets?
CPT, I guess I didn't really need to but I didn't like the fact that the bracket holes set a pivot point so low on the bracket / fairing. I figured since I needed to drill a second set of holes then I would drill them a bit higher and fab some brackets that let me adjust the angle of the fairing. I was pretty simple and it gives me the flexibility of setting whatever angle I prefer.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I can't wait to finally finish this project.

·
Defender of Freedom
716 Posts
CPT, I guess I didn't really need to but I didn't like the fact that the bracket holes set a pivot point so low on the bracket / fairing. I figured since I needed to drill a second set of holes then I would drill them a bit higher and fab some brackets that let me adjust the angle of the fairing. I was pretty simple and it gives me the flexibility of setting whatever angle I prefer.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I can't wait to finally finish this project.
Gotcha. That makes sense.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Then shave down the seat to reveal deeper lines on the bike. What do you think?

I agree that shaving down the seat will give it better lines. One of the best mods I have done was add a new seat and it made my bike look like it is sitting lower.

Nice bike. Nicest fairing I have seen so far on a V.

·
MORTUS DISCRIMINATUS
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree that shaving down the seat will give it better lines. One of the best mods I have done was add a new seat and it made my bike look like it is sitting lower
I like the seat you put on your bike. I want to trim mine down but leave it long enough for a two up. I need to make a new rear fender as well. I think I cut mine too short when I made it. I think a little wrap around will give the bike an illusion of length. Maybe about 4-6 inches longer then my current setup.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is that a factory fender cut down or non harley cut up?

1 - 20 of 176 Posts