Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
On CFR bars, the risers flow into the handlebars appearing as one piece. Not sure what bars these are. They look sharp though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
just curious how much you spent??

john_fasheh said:
Well, after much thought and stifling the urge to go huge, I decided to upgrade from a 200 rear to a 240.
My main objective was to keep it looking stock and maintaining the anodized skins.
Thanks to Max! I was able to obtain a Kosman widened stock wheel and cut down pulley, which was smooth finished and polished. It looks great on the bike.
The 240 metz rides like a dream. I love the handling. No complaints from me on this total package.

Parts:
Kosman Widened stock wheel to 8.5”
Metz 240 tire
Skinny HD Belt
Cut Down Rear Pulley

Modifications:
Cut out’s on belt guards.
Cut sides off of inner fender liner.
Cut sides off of inside wheel well tank flap.
Cut tab off of swing arm to clear wheel.

Assembly took about 3 hours. I still have some minor cleanup left. But all in all I’m very pleased!

Thanks to this forum, I’m rolling a 240 now….

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Still waiting to see if the 260 fits.I have a Franklin custom rear spike fender so clearence shouldn't be an issue.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
260 will fit. I have one on my bike. I have an 8" rim. The clearance is closest near the belt.

·
03 A
1,506 Posts
Wow! This is the set up that I have been shooting for. Simple but elegant looking. If you dont mind, can you please PM me with the a ball park figure on how much this set up would cost.

·
FireBum
485 Posts
This mod is definately in my future. Probably when my tire is worn out. I love the stock fender stuffed full of tire. Looks like a tubbed V-Rod

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Zuppy,

Can you send me info on how to do the 180 rear fender work, want to leave my
rear stock fender....thanks for the help.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts