Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Nothin like a modified anodized V-Rod w solid wheels in my book.Looks real good.:thumb:
My wife and brother thought I was crazy when I started modifying mine and stuffed a 240 in place of the 200,but now that it's been done they keep telling me that my bike now has the look that it has always needed.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Registered
284 Posts
thanks for all the info. Your bike looks great!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This is the stock swing arm, trimmed off a peice 7/8" by7/8" of the brake tab... Nothing else.

·
Registered
516 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
Nothin like a modified anodized V-Rod w solid wheels in my book.Looks real good.:thumb:

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

i agree with elrod, :notworth: well done on the conversion, does anyone know how i can get this done in the UK? ......it is exactly what i want!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
bigrog74 said:
I'm sure my wife will disagree, but I don't see where its worth the headache and money just to go 2" wider. That's if you are rolling a 200mm. To each his own. The bike does look good and I guess everyone has to have a hobby.
You're right it's a preference thing....
The visible difference!
IMHO it's worth every penny. The stock bike, with a 180 or a 200 just does not look complete to me. Oviously the MOCO feels the same way, since the new bikes are wide now...

Here it is side by side:

200mm rear:

240mm rear:

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
I can't really tell a difference with the two different angles in the photos. I can visibly tell the difference between the 200 and the 240 when I see them on (and that's not by looking at the tire wall either...). How much did the mod cost you, if you don't mind me asking? I am a big fan of the fat rear tire, but my dilema is spending a lot of money for such a small difference. I would love to go 280, but funds aren't there yet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
bigrog74 said:
I can't really tell a difference with the two different angles in the photos. I can visibly tell the difference between the 200 and the 240 when I see them on (and that's not by looking at the tire wall either...). How much did the mod cost you, if you don't mind me asking? I am a big fan of the fat rear tire, but my dilema is spending a lot of money for such a small difference. I would love to go 280, but funds aren't there yet.

Well, the wheel from v-mod is around 650. Plus pulley mod?? Not sure, belt 130. and tire 235. I'm basically at 1,000. That's it.
I needed a new tire anyway, so for me it was'nt that much more.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That looks great, going this route. Was thinking of going with 21" in the front instead. Has anyone done this with the solid stock or might be better to buy a solid 21"???

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Max said:
Ummm the stock swing arm is bare aluminum, not anodized. And I doubt you get anything larger then a 240-250 into a stock swing arm without having it cut.

Max,

I realize that the stock swing arm is not anodized, I was refering to the picture of the bike in the post as well as yours, I think it just makes everything extra clean looking, the anodized skins that is. I have been reading a little and some say that a 260 may fit, I will be using the 06 SE fender so I should be O.K. there. I will post pics when it is done.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
If you don't mind the bike being much much higher then it is stock. The problem isn't so much the swing arm but fender and brackets and shock bolts and tag and belt guards. Look at the bike in that thread and how high the bike sits to clear that tire. You can get one in the swing arm if you grind it down on the pivot point and cut and weld a notch in it or widen it. The problem is when you go above 250 there is no room in a stock fender any more. Even with a 240 I have to be careful how low I take it.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Max said:
If you don't mind the bike being much much higher then it is stock. The problem isn't so much the swing arm but fender and brackets and shock bolts and tag and belt guards. Look at the bike in that thread and how high the bike sits to clear that tire. You can get one in the swing arm if you grind it down on the pivot point and cut and weld a notch in it or widen it. The problem is when you go above 250 there is no room in a stock fender any more. Even with a 240 I have to be careful how low I take it.
I hear you max, I will be using the SE Fender that I got from Jerry at Hogpro. Let's just hope I measure everything right we will see, if it doesn't fit I am sure I will be pi$$ing and moaning.

Geoff

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
fcpd2239 said:
So the new thin belt just rides in the wide front pulley?

Correct if I am understanding your question. Some say you may not have to change out the trans sprocket but it is recomended.

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
Ok, off topic a little but what kind of bars are these? Are they from Breathless maybe? Anyway, if someone can post a link to them, I would be much obliged.

john_fasheh said:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I think they are the cfr bar but I can't say for sure.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts