Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
NOS V-Rod

It's an 02 I had the wheels chromed by AAA rims in Mich. ($500) for the pair can't say enough good about them. Ozzy Customs did the chrome body work another class operation the photo's don't do their work justice. I've got the Progressive short shocks, I've had alot of bikes and lowered them all this is the first one where the ride actually improved when it was lowered. The NOS is a wet system with all the plumbing and electrics in the front of the airbox the fuel pump is between the tank and the rear wheel, had to drill a hole in the bottom rear of the tank and affix a fitting you always want the pump primed so it needs to be lower than the fuel level. The Nozzles are mounted low in the velocity stacks. The hit isn't as hard but there is no performance loss off the Nitrous like when you mount them in the intake trac and disrupt flow. I don't use it much anyway. Bike has the basics 28T,Supertrapp,Power Cmdr. Extended pegs, and of course the outragously priced Harley Chrome parts. Installing the Nitrous was nothing compared to doing the handlebar change. I was never a fan of the bars or the clamshell and I did this when I first bought it and no one had drag bars yet. I used 8 inch straight Harley risers and a 26inch broomstick handlebar. The triple clamp had to be drilled out the holes on the V-Rod are actually smaller than all other Harley triple clamps and risers. I've got a shift light and a Dakota digital gas gauge under the seat not that convenient but it has a clean look. I'm saving my pennies for the first one's to produce a Turbo but I really think this bike is ripe for a supercharger like the one's installed on V-Max's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts