Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got to work this morning and put the stand down to unlock the gate and the stand hit the ground! I sat there for a while wondering what to do. I finally leaned it against the wall and ran and got a bolt and washer to fit. While I was installing the bolt I noticed that when the spring popped off it hit the painted radiator guard and put a 3" crack in it. I only have 510 miles on the bike so I put a call into the dealer to see if any of this is covered, they will call me back! I also noticed when I leaned the bike up against the wall my grip end was scrached up nicely. IT MUST BE MONDAY!!!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
That sux!!! never heard of this problem before!!!! I would think it would be covered under warranty!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
My spring fell off -rather shot off- just as I was leaving, so the stand was just hanging there. spent 30 min. trying to put the spring back on with a multi tool........and noticed the screw half way out. got home and tightened the bolt and complained like h...eck to the dealer. to no use. what if it had fallen off when riding and making a turn could only imagine it striking something.......

·
Registered
215 Posts
Dam, good luck getting Harley to cover that one....:)

That is one weird story though, I am going to go check my jiffy stand right now..............!

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
I had a peg fall off my 2006 A and when It happened I took it to the stealer and they fixed it and charged me $60.00 for a new set of pegs, the sad thing is, they put them on when I took delivery??

·
Registered
148 Posts
1hagop said:
So I got to work this morning and put the stand down to unlock the gate and the stand hit the ground! I sat there for a while wondering what to do. I finally leaned it against the wall and ran and got a bolt and washer to fit. While I was installing the bolt I noticed that when the spring popped off it hit the painted radiator guard and put a 3" crack in it. I only have 510 miles on the bike so I put a call into the dealer to see if any of this is covered, they will call me back! I also noticed when I leaned the bike up against the wall my grip end was scrached up nicely. IT MUST BE MONDAY!!!
BS, new bike, you MAKE SURE they cover it. don't ever ask "is it covered"

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ergoguy34 said:
I had a peg fall off my 2006 A and when It happened I took it to the stealer and they fixed it and charged me $60.00 for a new set of pegs, the sad thing is, they put them on when I took delivery??
sad thing is you didnt make them cover it for free, especially since they did the original install.
the real sad thing is, that sometimes, you just have to be an ass, to get things made right or corrected as they should be. The next time, instead of having jelly for a spine, stand up and demand things be right.

·
Registered
148 Posts
chrome said:
hell yeah.....bumper to bumper for 2 years.....500 miles isnt gonna wear out a kickstand.
exactly!
makes me mad to hear the bs some of the dealers are throwing out there, makes me even madder to see some people accepting it.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
TurboRoadster said:
sad thing is you didnt make them cover it for free, especially since they did the original install.
the real sad thing is, that sometimes, you just have to be an ass, to get things made right or corrected as they should be. The next time, instead of having jelly for a spine, stand up and demand things be right.
good point,they know people act different...some people will just take it and go on,sometimes you have to be an ass and get what you deserve....dont let them fuk you,i promise you they will try.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
The Jiffy stand inspection is part of the initial and 1000 miles tune ups.
So I would say YES it is the dealers fault. Should be covered.

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
I have not encountered the jiffy stand problem, but, I have had to tighten up the screws on the hand controls serveral times. My DX just past the 500 mark this morning. Not sure if its the rough roads or they just don't check these things.

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update

Dealer just called and said bring the bike by and they will order the parts needed, under warranty. I understand some of you that being an a** does help but I always am nice at first and then become an a**. I worked at a GM dealer for 10 years and I know if a customer was a jerk right off, he/she got nothing. If you want a real story of bad customer service I will post what happend to my 2006 Cadillac CTS 5 days after I bought it!
Also to get the spring back on I used a drum brake tool, almost made for it!

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
That really is weird to hear the stand falling off like that and shooting the spring. There is a ton of pressure on the spring and when I changed out my stock one for a chrome, it was a bitch to do. Glad you have the dealer taking car of you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
1hagop said:
Dealer just called and said bring the bike by and they will order the parts needed, under warranty. I understand so of you that being an a** does help but I always am nice at first and then become an a**. I worked at a GM dealer for 10 years and I know if a customer was a jerk right off, he/she got nothing. If you want a real story of bad customer service I will post what happend to my 2006 Cadillac CTS 5 days after I bought it!
Also to get the spring back on I used a drum brake tool, almost made for it!
never called for being an ass, first. Always take the right approach first, but be damned if you should have to settle for some of the crap that gets shovelled your way by some of the stealers.
Good on the dealer for doing right, as should be expected, but sadly, its not always the case.

awesome on the drum brake tool, good call.

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TurboRoadster said:
never called for being an ass, first. Always take the right approach first, but be damned if you should have to settle for some of the crap that gets shovelled your way by some of the stealers.
Good on the dealer for doing right, as should be expected, but sadly, its not always the case.

awesome on the drum brake tool, good call.
First thanks for the complement! Yes, I know you didnt call for being an a** right off, but some people just are (I dont mean you) I completely agree with you about taking the right approach first. I am the nicest guy in the world, and sometimes it is taken as a weakness, that is until someone crosses me. Im sure alot of you on here are the same. I have only been a member of this forum for 25 days and have had nothing but good luck, good advise, good buying experiences, JUST GOOD ALL AROUND! I always take the advise on this forum seriously. Matter of fact I was at the dealer this saturday and happened to mention this forum to the parts manager and he had nothing but good things to say.. his words "Those guys on that forum know more about v-rod than we do!" direct quote. From working at a GM dealer for 10 years I came away with one truth "We have warranties on cars because they break." I think the same goes for HD.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
I had 600 miles on mine and the "Jiffy" fell off.... a 30 minute trip to the dealer and they were falling over themselves to make it work. They also noted that they forgot to put the bumper in the frame rail so it had to be robbed off antoher bike. 20 minutes later I drove out of there and was able to park it without putting it on the ground..... Their problem, they "Assembled it!"

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out good.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I've had a cam cover leak oil and at the 10,000 mile service, that was fixed under warranty, no questions asked. With 16,000 on it now, it still has failed to even glitch once. I cant be happier. All that HP and great looks without a mechanical failure. Harley finally did something right, and I sensed it the moment I saw a V-Rod back in 2002. Thank-You Willie G.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts