Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Was also able to get the bike on the dyno and make a couple of pulls. Something wasn't right as the bike would only go to 8k rpm before it would hit the rev limiter. It wasn't doing that on the drag strip the previous day per the stock tach so I'm not sure what was going on. But in the end it made 115whp and 84wtq:

I guess the logical question is why the torque and hp not cross at 5250? As most do as in this example.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
After a long debate I ordered up some Progressive 970's in bronze in the 12.5" size (1/2" lower than stock). Didn't want to mess with routing more lines and an air compressor in the airbox and after talking to several folks at the V-Rod rally who had Arnott air ride I wanted to stick with something simpler. Saw a lot of Arnotts that were literally turning purple and a lot of talk about how overly stiff they were.

Took some measurements and ordered up some M12 100mm 10.9 bolts for the upper mount and M12 75mm 10.9 bolts for the lower mounts and added some 30mm spacers up top and 10mm spacers at the bottom to get these installed in this orientation. I just really didn't personally like the look of them being installed upside down or with the resi pointed forward. I spoke with an engineer buddy of mine and with the 10.9's torqued down to the upper spec and the fact the shocks also originally came with spacers this should be plenty safe and functional.

Still need to set the sag, preload and get them dialed in, but they are installed with just enough clearance.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts