Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious how long you all have waited to get your custom airbox/wide fender. Everytime I call I get "it will ship next Friday". which of course I've been told this the last 3 weeks and I still don't have it. So far it's been 7 weeks of wait time and still nothing has shipped.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
When it comes to paint don't rush it. Not to mention the first couple of weeks yo have it the paint is like butter and anything marks it. What ever time it takes I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

·
iTrader Technician
4,467 Posts
Max said:
When it comes to paint don't rush it. Not to mention the first couple of weeks yo have it the paint is like butter and anything marks it. What ever time it takes I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
:them:

When Josh is doing the work, it will def. be worth the wait... He's done 2 sets for me (you can check my gallery for pics)....

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I started my conversations with Josh in May. Yes, its a slow process but I also know he's been working on paint for a couple of other forum members here. Originally we thought we'd have my new skins done by the time I left for Sturgis next week but that won't happen. Oh well! I would rather have a perfect paint job than have someone try and rush to get it done.

I suspect we'll have paint done when I get back and that's ok. I'll post pictures when it's ready.

·
What -- Me worry?
471 Posts
They originally quoted me 2-3 weeks to just do my rear fender. It ended up taking about 6 weeks (8 weeks if you count the fact that I shipped a new primered fender to them to have the tail light hole welded up before sending my stock fender in for a color match model). Definately worth the wait... I know it's hard to deal with the wait and the extensions while you're anxious to see your new tins, but when they arrive, you'll be glad they didn't rush it.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
They went over on mine also, but Josh threw in so many extras and attention to detail I feel that in the long run it was done very quickly.

Let Josh take his time, in the long run you will be so much happier.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I'm a little out of the norm here. When Josh did mine he finished a month ahead of schedule. I guess I got lucky. Either way it's well worth the wait.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
John, I got mine in two weeks.:stilpoke: :stilpoke:

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
mine required some body work, the radiator spoiler, and JE airbox and although he did not have it in time for the rally last year, it was WELL worth the wait. I think overall it took about 2 months (he had some issues with his fiberglass guy)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts