Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She had been bugging me for a while but I finally broke down and mounted up and replaced the pulley and put on a 200 metz that I had ordered a while back. Now she really likes her Phat a$$. She said she could tell no difference at all in handling. I can tell just a little difference when I jump off of one with the 180 and go right to one with a 200, takes just a little more push to get the lean in the corner but it is very slight.

Max

PS Nick does the pulley look familiar.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
VRODSCOUT I haven't forgotten about you. The bearing was 39.00 for the one pulley today and I'll see how well Jeannie's take of does, the other pulley I have has some air bubbles in the cast that I don't care for as much.

Max

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Did you have to modify her lower chrome belt guard?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it was already cut, she has my old belt guards and I had cut the lower when I mounted the 200 on mine.

Max

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Wonder why it was my upper belt guard that had to be modded for my fat a$$? (which I also love, btw, and don't notice much difference in initiating turns with)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure Val the upper required no change at all for the 200 and the lower only required about 1/8 of an inch being trimmed to give it ample clearence.

Max

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Max... I installed the 200 metz and the upper had to be trimed but the lower was not touch. Whats up?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't explain that Greg, the top cleared fine on both mine and Jeannie's but the bottom required trimming about 1/8th of an inch for proper clearance. There may be a difference in some of the upper belt guards.

Max

·
2,552 Posts
VrodG said:
Frank did you put on the metz?
Yes I did. I had 5500 mile on my 180 and it still had allot of mile left on it. When I was at Biketoberfest I saw two V-Rods in front of me, one with a 180 and one with a 200. As soon as I saw the difference, I bought a 200. 240 is next.

Frank

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the update Greg.

Max

1 - 14 of 14 Posts