Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new JE Illusions Rear Fender for my 08 night rod special with 240 tire. I’m having a really hard time deciding what fender is going to look best? please any info to help me decide I’d love to see some customer pictures thinking 240F or 240SF please help I’m so confused… I want something that is shorter then stock and really hugs the tire?

·
Registered
62 Posts
its really a personal choice on what you want, i dont know if a lot of forum members are running JE Illusions fenders their name has actually been changed to (CE Illusions) , but i have ordered the Aggressor rear, in denim, with vivid stripes and cannot wait to get her put on. They do great work and customer service is second to none. They have few pics of their fenders on bikes, but if you email them and ask for pics of your desired fender on a bike they will send you several. i did and got dozens of pics within an hour.

·
Registered
62 Posts
O another great thing about their fenders is that your OEM seat will fit nice and snug, no gaps or binding from what i have seen. And integreated LED tail and signal lights are available in several color LEDs with an option of clear or smoked lens. Great company imo:notworth:

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
With basically every mod like this there will be what I term consequences. Think about all the changes you'll be forced to make and how you'll handle them before you buy any parts. Also how it will "flow" with the rest of the bike.

you'll need to think about:
Plate / brake light relo
signal relo
ECM relo (possibly)
seat fitment / seat options
rain/debris protection
inner fender - ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
240sf fit your bike, the 240f is for older model with tire less than 240mm. I am looking to get the 240sf too. But with fender and paint, it does come out about $800.00

·
Registered
62 Posts
MTNBKR343 asked if anyone had any pictures of said fender/fenders installed on their bikes, not once in his post did i see him ask what were the "consequences" of doing a custom fender, or what price the fender he is interested in (which is CLEARLY listed on CE Illusions website)

I am by no means a v-rod guru, or a know it all, just interested in seeing some pics and maybe some input from fellow CE Illusions customers as well as MTNBKR

·
New but Old!
354 Posts
MTNBKR343 asked if anyone had any pictures of said fender/fenders installed on their bikes, not once in his post did i see him ask what were the "consequences" of doing a custom fender, or what price the fender he is interested in (which is CLEARLY listed on CE Illusions website)

I am by no means a v-rod guru, or a know it all, just interested in seeing some pics and maybe some input from fellow CE Illusions customers as well as MTNBKR
Wow, already an attitude. Take it from a fellow "newbie" here, they'll eat you alive.
MTNBKR asked for help, if it comes from different directions so be it. A lot of experience here, a lot of this has been done, mistakes made, lessons learned.
Maybe he should have posted:
PICTURES ONLY - not interested in how it mounts, quality, what else is involved, cost of peripheral hardware and so on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i was not trying to chum the waters for a "virtual internet shark attack" i too am interested in what the CE Illusions fender looks like mounted. Pics are always a plus :thumb:
My point was simply that on the CEI website the price was listed clearly as well as very detailed instructions that covered the inner fender, brake & signal (ie their integrated LED's in fender), the OEM seat will fit flush, and the plate and ECM relocation. i merely assumed that MTNBKR knew all of this, because he was asking to see pics of customers/members bikes with the fender installed and how exactly it hugs the tire, by him saying...
-"I’m having a really hard time deciding what fender is going to LOOK best? please any info to help me decide I’d love to see some customer pictures"-
But thanks for the heads up on my 'tude lol. I have been an administrator on a popular Corvette forum for 2 years and i kno how brutal it can get :lamer:
I was just trying to i guess emphasize the fact that both of us would love to see some pics if any forum members are rockin any of these fenders. :grouphug

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Old habbits die hard.

I'm sure being on the Corvette forum for a few years makes you pretty salty ( Knowledgable) with vetts. But judging by your post and join date you may want to try and be objective to what others have to say especially Vambo who has over 6k post and has been here for four years and not some noob that joined yesterday changed his grips and thinks he is god. Now being new to things we ( I know I have done it SEVERAL TIMES!! ) sometimes we get ahead of our selfs and dont think of all of the little details or " Consequences ". How many people know that if you want to put on a certain exhaust on the DX you have to buy the mount from a AW and FLIP IT!!! I never knew that. But I bet there are a few of us that didn't read those thousand threads warning us.. Not me I have the toxics :D

Now to add on my question for the fenders are they Fiberglass or Metal?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm looking for pictures and peoples experiences with these fenders? any help is welcome no one wants to read BS of people bickering back and forth

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136727&highlight=fender

I found this but no answer to if its fiberglass or metal. I have had bad times with fiberglass body kits in the past ( with cars ) so I'm looking for metal. I personally don’t like the design you are looking for but make sure the spikes or talons etc don’t vibrate/ jiggle too much other wise it might “flex” paint off.

Now as for bickering or banter your gonna get that in any family whether you like it or not. And that’s just what we are one big dysfunctional family
:D:grouphug

P.s. that may not be the same fender =(

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I'm sure being on the Corvette forum for a few years makes you pretty salty ( Knowledgable) with vetts. But judging by your post and join date you may want to try and be objective to what others have to say especially Vambo who has over 6k post and has been here for four years and not some noob that joined yesterday changed his grips and thinks he is god. Now being new to things we ( I know I have done it SEVERAL TIMES!! ) sometimes we get ahead of our selfs and dont think of all of the little details or " Consequences ". How many people know that if you want to put on a certain exhaust on the DX you have to buy the mount from a AW and FLIP IT!!! I never knew that. But I bet there are a few of us that didn't read those thousand threads warning us.. Not me I have the toxics :D

Now to add on my question for the fenders are they Fiberglass or Metal?
Everything tank and fender they make is fiberglass.

As for the fitment, I have to laugh at any manufacturer with claims of "plug and play" , "everything fits", use your stock this & that and so on. I did a 240 to 180 fender conversion and that was as close as I ever came to "bolts right up" in my 35 years, I did have a few things to work out like trimming the DA, moving blinkers ect., I guess experience is the best teacher for some.

·
Registered
367 Posts
With basically every mod like this there will be what I term consequences. Think about all the changes you'll be forced to make and how you'll handle them before you buy any parts. Also how it will "flow" with the rest of the bike.
How right you are. Especially when starting off you can't just do one mod w/ out wanting or needing to do the other's. My problem is I don't really need to do any "consequence mods" but I sure enough convince and reason with myself as to why its a good idea to do it all together.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
i have one on my bike. i like it alot. look in my gallery.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I have a custom CE Illusions Rear Fender to fit my base plate and 260 tire. Send me a PM if you want to know about them. I have an interesting story.

·
Out Riding
381 Posts
looks just like this...

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Final Version of CE Illusions Rear Fender: PM's sent to MtnBiker & westmk

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Here is the non-baseplate version I run sometimes: