Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New to the forum, thanks for having me. Just purchased a VRSCA with a Vmod exhaust and would like to go quieter and replace with the standard system. I have been offered a set of mufflers but they are off a Japanese market bike with muffler numbers 64909-04 and 64911-04. Could anyone tell me if these are okay for standard version bikes with muffler numbers 65152-01A and 6513-01A. Measurements and fitting brackets look the same. Is the difference maybe to do with different noise or air pollution regulations in Japan, and will they be suitable to fit to my bike? Thanks in advance. Ian

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hi everyone. New to the forum, thanks for having me. Just purchased a VRSCA with a Vmod exhaust and would like to go quieter and replace with the standard system. I have been offered a set of mufflers but they are off a Japanese market bike with muffler numbers 64909-04 and 64911-04. Could anyone tell me if these are okay for standard version bikes with muffler numbers 65152-01A and 6513-01A. Measurements and fitting brackets look the same. Is the difference maybe to do with different noise or air pollution regulations in Japan, and will they be suitable to fit to my bike? Thanks in advance. Ian
Will almost certainly fit as long as the diameter is the same where they slide onto the aux volume, as this was also different on Japanese models. The difference will be noise output as the Japanese are quite strict on noise. Need to check if it has a tuner of any sort added for the V Mod pipes, because if you change the exhaust and leave the tuner attached it will probably run rich.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will almost certainly fit as long as the diameter is the same where they slide onto the aux volume, as this was also different on Japanese models. The difference will be noise output as the Japanese are quite strict on noise. Need to check if it has a tuner of any sort added for the V Mod pipes, because if you change the exhaust and leave the tuner attached it will probably run rich.
Thanks for your help Coastrider. I do have access to the Japanese aux volume as well if required, and no tuner attached so hopefully should be sweet as. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts