Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just made the full conversion over into the cruiser world, on Friday, and bought a new HD jacket with no armour.

Coming from the sportbike world I'd always wear either my textile or leather jacket with armour.

With V-Rods being the "sporty" HD, I was just curious to find out how many owners here ride with armour and how many don't?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Armour summer spring and fall. When it's real cold I have enough layers under my leather that I dont need it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
some hd jackets accept their armor. just look inside the jacket for velcro

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
The h-d fxrg line comes with armor and is a great jacket a little pricey but I believe was well worth the money.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The HD jacket I bought looks fantastic and the lack of armour isn't a problem. To be honest, the Alpinestars jacket I had was just too uncomfortable with all the armour. Maybe the HD has given me a bit of a false sense of feeling safer than on a crotch rocket but I'm kinda digging no more armour.

Not sure what I'll be wearing next summer though...

·
Gotta Blast!
3,389 Posts
I have arm and shlder armor in both my jackets, but I did remove the back pad in both.

·
Registered
137 Posts
jackets with armour

i have the h-d fxrg, it cost me a few $$$ but i love it. it looks great and comes with back, shoulder and elbow armour. it doesn't look like a bike jacket.

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
my current jacket....

Has armor in it and is great for hot summer riding and so far the coldest morning here in NW Florida at 41 Degrees.

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,090 Posts
FXRG jacket with armor here....

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Started off with armor but that fell byt he wayside in a few months. When I laid my bike down at 35-40 mph armor wasn't needed jacket took the abuse and still wear it today just added a little character.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
All of my T-shirts have armor. ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, so far it looks like almost 80% have some sort of armour in their jacket.
Wasn't expecting that result.

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
I have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego and I wasn't comfortable with the armor in so I took it out. There is still a little bit of padding in the same areas. I now have a HD jacket that doesn't have armor.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Joe Rocket Ballistic armored

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Have a textile Alpinestars with armor. Wear a ff shoei, boots and leather gloves as well. ATGATT, all the gear, all the time.

In so cal the traffic is terrible, do what i can to stay safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Came a cropper while just wearing a T shirt and jeans a while back and now have the road rash scars to show (I live in the tropics). Now I wear body armour that has a netting vest to let the air flow still (look up "bike body armor" on ebay) It's obviously warmer than without but should there be another incident, hopefully it will protect more

·
Registered
266 Posts
i have a black icon hooligan stealth jacket with armor .. now if they will just deliver my bike some time soon
stealth.jpg

stealth1.jpg

and i got all my armor from Iraq in my garage .. wonder what people would think they see me ride down the road wearing that

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
waterwerks said:
my current jacket....

Has armor in it and is great for hot summer riding and so far the coldest morning here in NW Florida at 41 Degrees.
Mine is a HD textile jacket very simular to this one...3 season jacket Elbow and shoulder armor built in

1 - 20 of 68 Posts