Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes the littlest things make me happy. For a couple of years I've been riding around with black switches on my handlebars because HD in it's infinite wisdom decided not to make chrome switchcaps for the auw switch housing even though they make the housing in chrome. Well needless to say I was happy as a pig in $hit when I saw that they added chrome aux switch caps to the new product listing on the website. I ordered the very next day. I finally had time to install them tonight and now I can say that everything is right in the world. :D It really is the little things that make me happy. :)

A couple of before and after pics.


 

·
Part-time mod
Joined
·
10,859 Posts
Very nice...it's all in the details!
 

·
I'm With Stupid
Joined
·
966 Posts
So what do those auxillary switches do? With that sweet ass paint job I doubt anyone else would notice them no matter what they were. :D
 

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
robbwest said:
So what do those auxillary switches do? With that sweet ass paint job I doubt anyone else would notice them no matter what they were. :D

The switches work my aux driving lights, garage door opener and accent led's. Thanks for the compliment, but i'm the one that was able to see it and bothered the crap out of me since day one.
 

·
I'm With Stupid
Joined
·
966 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
The switches work my aux driving lights, garage door opener and accent led's. Thanks for the compliment, but i'm the one that was able to see it and bothered the crap out of me since day one.
I understand that and :thumb:
 

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
Joined
·
7,066 Posts
mike those are nice. You have 1.5 carlini bars like I do I think, did the aux switch housing fit with no modifications? I'm thinking of going this route.
 

·
Lover of Bikes
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
Ok, now the questions come in and you have to answer them all over again.
Looks great by the way...I will be doing the same thing but they'll have to wait a bit longer in the priority line.

Mirrors...they look great...have you a link/name? Do they use flat glass or are objects closer than they appear...ie more viewability?
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
Mike I just knew you were a chromosexual. :rofl:
 

·
Crash Bandacoot
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Switches?..what switches?? All I was lookin' at was those gauges and tin modification..VERY COOL INDEED!
 

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spinedoc said:
mike those are nice. You have 1.5 carlini bars like I do I think, did the aux switch housing fit with no modifications? I'm thinking of going this route.

The aux housing just replaces the mastercylinder clamp, so it doesn't matter what size bars you have. No mods needed.
 

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beeek said:
Ok, now the questions come in and you have to answer them all over again.
Looks great by the way...I will be doing the same thing but they'll have to wait a bit longer in the priority line.

Mirrors...they look great...have you a link/name? Do they use flat glass or are objects closer than they appear...ie more viewability?

The mirrors are made by Joker. They don't mount in the stock location. They use the lever pin mounting holes which puts them out further on the bars. I like that since it clears my shoulders and give me better visability. Here is a link:

http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstreet2004.asp?ItemID=43&CategoryID=5&Placeholder=10
 

·
Lover of Bikes
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
The mirrors are made by Joker. They don't mount in the stock location. They use the lever pin mounting holes which puts them out further on the bars. I like that since it clears my shoulders and give me better visability. Here is a link:

http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstreet2004.asp?ItemID=43&CategoryID=5&Placeholder=10
Hey, that's cool...now that you mention it I do remember a post about it but I didn't realize what I was reading at the time. Thanks for the info and for repeating yourself.
 

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beeek said:
Hey, that's cool...now that you mention it I do remember a post about it but I didn't realize what I was reading at the time. Thanks for the info and for repeating yourself.

I'm married. Repeating myself is second nature. :D
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
badass mike!! loving the totally chrome front end now!!!!
 

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
Joined
·
779 Posts
Nicely done!...very clean look to it
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top