Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is VRod number three for me. Picked up the new 2011 F today and didn't even get out of the parking lot with it when I heard a guy say "it's not a REAL Harley". I've heard this so many times before in the past. I just gave him my usual reply. Yea, your are right, if it was a REAL Harley like yours, it would have push rod engine technology from 1903, mediocre brakes and be as slow as a John Deere. He couldn't think of a reply. Hell I have a street glide too but I appreciate what Harley did with this. I never let those dum a$$es get to me.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I can't imagine a normal person being so inconsiderate so thank you for your patience with the mentally handicapped.

Congratulations on your real Harley.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I find myself just stating "You're so Dull" to these types of people. They get huffy and again tell them just how predictable and Dull they really are.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Got your REAL Harley right here, next to my Buell!

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is VRod number three for me. Picked up the new 2011 F today and didn't even get out of the parking lot with it when I heard a guy say "it's not a REAL Harley". I've heard this so many times before in the past. I just gave him my usual reply. Yea, your are right, if it was a REAL Harley like yours, it would have push rod engine technology from 1903, mediocre brakes and be as slow as a John Deere. He couldn't think of a reply. Hell I have a street glide too but I appreciate what Harley did with this. I never let those dum a$$es get to me.
I always tell them that I have an antique also but I only have to ride it in parades.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just gave him my usual reply. Yea, your are right, if it was a REAL Harley like yours, it would have push rod engine technology from 1903, mediocre brakes and be as slow as a John Deere.
Ha, you probably don't need to battle him intellectually, since by virtue of his comment, you've already won. I would have just said "good!"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most old-school guys could barely hold on to the bars once our bikes hit 6 grand and it scares the hell outta most of them...lmao...and I DO so love the old classic bikes personally...but could never have one as my main ride.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Got your REAL Harley right here, next to my Buell!
Nice flat-head and a great photo of then/now.
What displacement? Looks like a 45 but hard to tell from a pic. And yes, no arguing that is a real Harley! LOL! Here is a pic of an 80 incher I owned for a few years back in the 80's. All of about 50 crank HP but used it all 99% of the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I want to make a shirt that says:

Liquid cooled: When 65hp just isn't enough..

·
VRSCDX Comuter
392 Posts
As far as I know we don't get much of that over here...most people I've met at meets and gatherings have been curious in a positive way...

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, after I left I thought Dam I should have asked him how his 8 track player in the pickup is workin?? Probably has a rotory dial telephone too dam it.!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Anyone that bags on another's ride isn't a biker.

It's been my experience that silence speaks a hell of alot more than badmouthing anything in the biker world.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I get that crap all the time also. I just tell 'em that I wanted a real Harley but couldn't afford to keep that much oil around.

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
When ever I hear that comment I always respond with. "What a real Harley like yours that leaks oil is slow and spends half the time in the workshop??"

·
Registered
568 Posts
"Maybe not. But the difference between your bike and mine is a man is driving this one."

Always give them their worst case scenario answer.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts