1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
A so-called "right" to do burnouts. What an assenine position to take. It is rightfully called "exhibition of speed" and deserves the expensive traffic citation involved. Grow up and act like well adjusted adults people. Some in the motorcycle community act like inconsiderate morons then cry like little babies when the rest of society has no patience for their stupidity.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I'm surprised their insurance company didn't put an end to it before it got this far. But I don't think the county needs to be involved in something like this. If they want to abuse their machines that's their choice though I guess, and, it is NOT on public property.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
A so-called "right" to do burnouts. What an assenine position to take. It is rightfully called "exhibition of speed" and deserves the expensive traffic citation involved. Grow up and act like well adjusted adults people. Some in the motorcycle community act like inconsiderate morons then cry like little babies when the rest of society has no patience for their stupidity.
Well I must say to argue about doing burnouts is absurd. To claim rights are being violated is more absurd yet. On the flip-side I do see the law possibly being a little over zealous here. I don't know the situation there and the article is vague.
Where is it exactly in relation to homes?
Is it a bike night 1 day a week?
Is it a competition or just random noise every night of the week? How much revenue is it generating?
These questions might matter and before I go off half-cocked and call them morons and babies I would like at least some answers.
It is illegal in many states, even on private property, (I've seen tickets issued) but many a bike event feature burnout contests with the law standing and watching. It would be nice to get more info before taking such a hard stand Philthy.

i don't want to do it, but it is somewhat amusing to watch other people kill a $300 tire rapidly. :)
Most contests replace the tire. I prefer the "longest patch" type contests, from a dead stop. You need some actual skills to do it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If the bar is next to houses then i can understand banning the practice of burnouts but if the bar is away from houses far enough that it does not bother anyone then the county should not ban burnouts. Whats next bannig dyno drags or too many riders riding in one pack ot bike parades cause they cause noise. So its not just the banning of burnouts but will b a domino efect on other bike activities. To the poster whom said they should grow up and act like adults. You have never got on it and realy rode hard and fast ? Well that is way more dangerous for u and other people around u who is then acting irrisponsiable. Come on its all for fun relax alittle and have some fun

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
The place is on a major business thoroughfare immediately adjacent to other businesses such as Empire for the Arts, Coastal Sports, Rosa Lindas Pub and Prossers Bar-b-Que. there are homes on lots backed up to Suck Bang Blow, some of which front a small lake. I imagine the racket and stink take a lot of joy out of the weekend for those home owners. Talk about rotten neighbors! But I guess the rights of home owners take a back seat to the imagined rights of bikers.

The Confederate battle flag out in front is a real nice touch. I'll bet that attracts a quality crowd.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Amen to that. You have the right to swing your arms anyway you want as long as you do not hit someones nose.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
i don't want to do it, but it is somewhat amusing to watch other people kill a $300 tire rapidly. :)
Hopefully they are not so stupid to sue a new tire. Probably a tire about to be retired. Hope springs eternal.

·
Registered
550 Posts
The place is on a major business thoroughfare immediately adjacent to other businesses such as Empire for the Arts, Coastal Sports, Rosa Lindas Pub and Prossers Bar-b-Que. there are homes on lots backed up to Suck Bang Blow, some of which front a small lake. I imagine the racket and stink take a lot of joy out of the weekend for those home owners. Talk about rotten neighbors! But I guess the rights of home owners take a back seat to the imagined rights of bikers.

The Confederate battle flag out in front is a real nice touch. I'll bet that attracts a quality crowd.
In that case yes they should ban them. Homes and businesses should take presidence over burnouts

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I think burnouts are a right of passage, along with open headers on a domestic V8 or a v twin. Loud music is awesome too as long as it is what i want to hear. Bars are great places and should be where AA meeting occur. Also I think if you live near a place that makes noise deal with it. Lived next to an airport for 20 years, I dont like planes but never felt I should have them shut down.

It will come down to money and we will march all the way to Capital Hill carrying our Rebel flags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts