Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corbin solo seat...$289.00

Reduced reach handlebars...$350.00(Installed)

A bike that fits me perfectly...Priceless!

:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will post if I can figure out how to make a large file fit. I'm sure there is a thread here somewhere how to do it. I will research and take a pic tomorrow.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
can't wait to see some pics.I'd like to see that seat!;)

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
What color and style leather did ya get?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got the plain black leather-corbin had it in stock and sent it that day-I know corbin has had there problems but they do have their good days and their seats are great imho.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just over 5'10"-the bike fit good when I used the sundowner seat but the corbin sets you back thus the need to bring the bars back- I was having to rotate forward just enough to put a kink in the middle of my back. Here is another picture with the garage door open-it is a little brighter.

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Looks good,
Did you have to get longer throttle cables,because the bars are longer?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the handlebars came with the required cables, I believe they just had to change the brake cable-they charged me for a 1.75 hour job to do the replacement. I am very happy (Except we are to get over 2 inches of rain the next two days and it is the weekend!)

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
TIvy said:
I'm just over 5'10"-the bike fit good when I used the sundowner seat but the corbin sets you back thus the need to bring the bars back- I was having to rotate forward just enough to put a kink in the middle of my back. Here is another picture with the garage door open-it is a little brighter.
That's something that's always pissed me off about Corbin. Why can't they make the stock version of their seats EXACTLY match the rise and reach of the stock piece? 90% of the people who order them who are in the 5'8" to 5'11" range end up sending them back for mods. Another reason I'll probably never buy a Corbin, that plus the fact that Mike Corbin is a thief......

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
TIvy..... Are the wires long enough to run them in the bars? Do the bars have holes in them for the wires?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I rather like the new position being a little further back gave me a better leg position-I know a lot of people have had problems with corbin, but I must save I have put a corbin on all of my bikes and they had greatly added to my enjoyment of riding(I know I sound like an advertisement).
I am not sure about the cables fitting in the bar as I did not do the install-I will call the service guy next week and ask him. And by the way, it is great that my service manager rides a V-Rod and has done many mods and is hooked on the bike as most of us are!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I also have a Corbin seat (YG Solo), and I love it! I also custom ordered it for my weight and inseam. It improved my reach and my leg position. IMO

-Bry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you like the Corbin a lot better than the Sundowner, as far as comfort goes. I like the how I sit on the A model with the stock seat, but want something more comfortable.

Ralph

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Truthfully, I have not sat on the Sundowner, I really didn't loke the look. The Corbin seat is BMW firm. There is little give, but I like the support and shape of the seat. Also, I have the Young Gun Solo, not the Hollywood. The YG is one piece. There is no separate pilon for the passenger. It gives the seat a cleaner look without the seam.

-Bry

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
I am 5'11" and am going to go the other way...drag bars. I am using the sundowner deat (which my wife appreciates) and the stock bars don't allow me to stretch out.

Plus the drag bars look cool.

Glad to see the project worked out for you. Now for the rain to go away....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts