Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay you guys, I've finally taken the plunge into toplessness. I've been running RJ's map since day one of upgrading the pipes, air filter and PcIII. The bike runs quite well with the top on but RJ had it made to work topless.

The bike is out front right now waiting patiently for me to get the rest of my gear on. I did drill two holes in the bottom half of the air intake cover so I could zip tie that sensor to the inside of the box. There was no heavy lifting involved but now I want to check out how it does breathing freely for the first time.

I'll update what I liked about it or hated later today or tomorrow. Yippee!

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
Let er rip!! :)

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy crap was today's ride smooth! Don't get me wrong, the bike has always had a great ride but with the map and the top off it was a whole different animal. I use to have a little decel popping before but it has almost completely vanished. Sure there is a little but nothing like before. The power of the motor can be heard as well as felt even better on accel. I can understand why the factory had to put on that small intake but geez does this motor WANT to eat air like nothing. Since having the bike all these years, I never thought such a simple thing could produce such an incredibly different ride. I almost want to put "Caution - Air Intake" on both tubes on the side of the airbow tin, to warn small children and the elderly to stay back a safe distance. LOL . Just messing. It was fun though. Later, Mike.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Don't trust that RJ guy, he's shady!!!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
rjrivero said:
Don't trust that RJ guy, he's shady!!!
he's a Doctor it's in his DNA:spank: !

J/K RJ :kiss: !

Ya these Motor's Like to Breath,and Really Love Boost:kaz: !

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 06 Nightrod with a PC III, K&N, and bored out pipes. Trying to "tweek" everything I can. Topless entails removing the top of the airbox, correct?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
rhill20 said:
I have an 06 Nightrod with a PC III, K&N, and bored out pipes. Trying to "tweek" everything I can. Topless entails removing the top of the airbox, correct?

Correct. Make sure to remove the metal clips from the lower portion of the airbox so they don't rattle. You will also need to relocate the IAT sensor once you remove it from the top of the airbox. You can either drill a hole in the lower and mount it there or just wire tie it to the neg battery terminal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts