Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what issues have any of you had with your bikes beside the paint issue? So far I have the fuel gauge issue my clutch assembly just about fell off while riding and my left turn signal has a mind of its own sometimes it works sometimes it don't sometimes it wont turn off at all.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
The only issue I've run into thus far is the fuel guage not reading correctly. And even that is random. Other than that, haven't had any issues.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
nothing and my fuel guage seems to have seems to have sorted itself 5500 miles

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Occasional fuel guage (well once really).

Mirrors were a little loose.

Other than that - happy days! :)

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
The only issue I had was minor, an expected service issue and simple to correct by myself.

The pinch bolts for the triple clamps on the front forks were loose on one side. Loosened up after 1k of riding. It was causing some serious wobble at 70 mph and up. Torqued them down and am good to go.

Am watching to see if they loosen up. Am at 4,400 miles now and they are holding good. If they do loosen then I will just get some locktite.

·
Paladan_99
67 Posts
I also had the same gauge issue but only figured it out on the ride home from the dealership when the bike just decided to stop. Other than that the bike kicks!!!

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
i only have the fuel gauge issue and this is just once in a while. what's the paint issue?

·
1 Person Biker Gang
287 Posts
Only the fuel gauge for me. Seems to be giving trouble more often as time gones on. Not a real big issue if you keep up with mileage after filling up. I always push the trip meter after filling up. Someone said they thought HD had a fix for it coming soon.

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
Fuel gauge went mildly screwy for the first time this past weekend. Seemed to fix itself after I restarted the bike, but can't say for sure yet. Mirrors certainly buzz quite a bit, makes for a blurry rear look - worse on the left mirror versus the right, which suggests to me I might be able to fix it pretty easily but it's not unusuable. Otherwise, it's only running better with time. No paint issues.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My issues were all small. They were: leaking loose coolant hose, throttle housing screw kept coming loose and headset knocking bearings needed to be tighten.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Gordon Bennet.

I will check mine.

From what I've observed personally and read on this board, I think I am going to check every single nut and bolt next weekend.

I think you are remarkably calm about that one. I would have gone absolutely postal.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I rode mine home from the dealer at night and the headlight was pointing up. I stopped at a rest stop and pointed at the road so I could see to get home. It was 36 degrees and I had a 90 min ride so I exceeded 80 MPH during breakin and held a steady RPM so it took forever for the rings to seat. There was snow on the ground and one of the mirrors was loose.

Did I mention I froze my ass off. That was Dec. 2001

Been pretty good since then for 38,000 miles.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
What happened? How did it fail?

The bottom end on mine (not a DX, but the engine is the same) is amazingly, worryingly noisy, but I'm crossing my fingers, trusting in the warranty and hoping it is normal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts