Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought and installed a led tail light (with integrated turn signals) but the "flash breaking" is not registering when I brake. The light stays always red with the same intensity.

I have contacted the seller on Amazon but if you have an idea to resolve it, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Sounds like you got the wrong unit. ITU:LED is the one with 6x flashing. Which one did they send you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you got the wrong unit. ITU:LED is the one with 6x flashing. Which one did they send you?
Mine has the 6x flashing + sequential turn signal but the flashing is the one thing that doesn’t work. And still no answer from the seller unfortunately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some news guys, the issue is coming from the brake switch and not the tail light. Apparently my brake switch is stuck in « on position » meaning that the light receive a braking signal at all time.
Do you know where I can find and repair the brake switch ? Are there several ? Thanks !

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Do you know where it is located ?
If you have fwd controls then follow the steel pipe from the master cyl along the frame tube until it changes to flexi pipe, the switch is at that joint. If you have mid controls I think it is at the bottom of the master cyl.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
No, the one I described was the rear brake one. Not quite sure why I assumed you were talking about the rear!! The front one is inside the handlebar switch housing. Remove the lever first before opening the housing or you will snap its little pin off. It is a bit of a PITA to change as its not easy getting all the wires in the right place when you reinstall the housing. Take your time and don't force anything as it's very easy to pinch a wire.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Also- be aware that there is a small metal “wedge” that helps hold the front switch in place. It is very easy for this to fall out of place

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your help, I’ll check it out tomorrow and keep you inform

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: you were right the issue is with the front brake switch. When the clutch lever is in « stand by », the nipple of the switch brake doesn’t stand out enough (like 1mm) hence the light tail being in brake position all the time. I’ll have to change the whole switch I guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts