Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have recommendations for rim/tires(Reasonable). I've found the stock solid aluminum are perfect for catching a crosswind lol

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Just to elaborate on previous post. VRSCR's are all pre 08 so as long as your bike is pre 08 (which it should be if it is a VRSCA) then the wheels are a straight swap.

·
VRSC est -03
2,644 Posts
Both A and R rims are made of aluminium: neglected = pitted = mucho man handling. Be critical.
Personally I`m a fan of the solids (Moon) rims, yes the shiny ones... Bonneville race attitude.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Thank you for the heads up. Off to look for some rims :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff Hoff of "V Rod Owners" facecrap group has a set for sale.

Jeff Hoff Not aftermarket but better then the stock solid wheels. Stock 05A wheels 180 rear, bolt in your 02
PM me if interested

No photo description available.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Jeff Hoff of "V Rod Owners" facecrap group has a set for sale.

Jeff Hoff Not aftermarket but better then the stock solid wheels. Stock 05A wheels 180 rear, bolt in your 02
PM me if interested

No photo description available.
Thank you for the link. I purchased a set here in the UK. Should be here in a few days if the coronavirus don’t stop the post office :) something to do while on lockdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anybody have recommendations for rim/tires(Reasonable). I've found the stock solid aluminum are perfect for catching a crosswind lol
Just use your foot pegs and counter steer. Only trouble you can have is by 18 wheeler ? just pass or fall back. Change the rimes not good ideas ? unless you know what your doing can make bike unstable and if your still new to riding can be dangerous. Since your steering is set up not to vibrate at any speed your choice plus make sure your spindle the same and tire sides can change mph and rpms

1 - 13 of 13 Posts