Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check with blue streak racing in ontario canada.. they have really good pricing .. i recently bought from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered straight from Oberon was the cheapest way when all was said and done. $209 for both shipped to my door.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
They really are nice levers. They are spendy but once you have them, you won't regret it. I had bad tendonitis so I thought I would try them. Really helped and still love them.. Just get them..

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine just came in took me about 10 minutes to put on and now about to go ride. My clutch lever has been broken since I got the bike in January so will be interesting.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done Deal - thx for the advice, $216.00 shipped. hope maybe 2 weeks?
O6 D NightRod- Black w/black knob

Shopping Cart (Prices in British Pounds)
DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Short Adjustable Standard 1 £66.66 £66.66
Clutch Lever (Hydraulic
Models Only)
Clutch Lever: Black, Switch:
Black, Model: Harley Davidson
Night Rod VRSCD (2006-2008) -
(LEV-C150-1-)

Short Adjustable Standard 1 £66.66 £66.66
Brake Lever
Brake Lever: Black, Switch:
Black, Model: Harley Davidson
Night Rod VRSCD (2006-2008) -
(LEV-B140-1-)

·
Departed the Fix.
5,195 Posts
Ride report with them?

I'm curious to hear how they feel (clutch and brake) in comparison to the stock handles.

I'd considered these in the past, but could never decide between the "standard" and the "aero".

TIA.

R.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, I got the Same ISO Grips with the Throttle Boss.
I added the weighted ends - added another inch to the bars on each side
and I think the weight smooths it out a little.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ride report with them?

I'm curious to hear how they feel (clutch and brake) in comparison to the stock handles.

I'd considered these in the past, but could never decide between the "standard" and the "aero".

TIA.

R.
I have now ridden a few hundred miles with em and can safely say I love them. They fit perfect no wiggle, pulls are nice and smooth and they just feel more stable to me not even sure if that's the right term to use maybe more deliberate. Granted I am coming from a half clutch lever.

They are a little longer then I was expecting as I didn't measure I took short to mean short not normal size for v rod but it's ok as I said they just feel and fit so good.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,195 Posts
I have now ridden a few hundred miles with em and can safely say I love them. They fit perfect no wiggle, pulls are nice and smooth and they just feel more stable to me not even sure if that's the right term to use maybe more deliberate. Granted I am coming from a half clutch lever.

They are a little longer then I was expecting as I didn't measure I took short to mean short not normal size for v rod but it's ok as I said they just feel and fit so good.

Do your fingers hit the little "aero" cutout? Or is it more of a decoration thing?

I'm just OCD enough to have it bug me if my pinkie hit it every time I used the lever. There are two versions, but the aero cutout is the only difference.

TIA

R.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do your fingers hit the little "aero" cutout? Or is it more of a decoration thing?

I'm just OCD enough to have it bug me if my pinkie hit it every time I used the lever. There are two versions, but the aero cutout is the only difference.

TIA

R.
You will def know the cutout is there I actually kinda like it as when getting on the throttle its almost like it anchors my hand on the lever. Since the edges are all smooth it doesn't bother me with or without gloves however I can see how it could constantly remind the rider it is there.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ah, screw it.

I ordered the non-aero levers w/ red adjusters.

And, since I was paying for shipping anyway, I saw this......

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Harley_Davidson_Clutch_Slave_Cylinder.html
How did I miss that??? Oh well will wait till my buddy orders his levers and will add on to that order.

Benefit you can tell me if its worth it after you get yours.

Shipping was pretty fast ordered on Friday night got email Monday morning asking me to confirm bike model and year and received on Wednesday from Fedex so faster then most things I order hell they even beat Amazon with their slow deliveries lately.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installed them - had to open the Right Brake Side Clam shell a little.

Really like them.
Changed the Clutch Fluid right away and it is nice and precise, kinda of more of a trigger action. You get a better angle on them. Much Easier on my arthritic left thumb.
Feel small at first but get used to them quick.
Thought maybe if you set the clutch side on the lowest setting you might drag and wear the clutch a bit. I run in on the middle setting. All is good.

It is EZ to switch them on the fly
I mention this because in some cases on the shortest setting you can have an Issue on Clutch-in Safety starts. I}f so ya just set it high, start , and set it low again..

·
Departed the Fix.
5,195 Posts
The PSR website barely has a description or image of the levers.

That in and of itself would push me towards the Oberon's.

(Full disclosure: I have a pair of new, unused Oberon's in the garage waiting for a day off to install them.)

R.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The PSR website barely has a description or image of the levers.

That in and of itself would push me towards the Oberon's.

(Full disclosure: I have a pair of new, unused Oberon's in the garage waiting for a day off to install them.)

R.
I'm ordering the Oberons after reading negative reviews of the PSR

1 - 20 of 22 Posts