Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I am looking at either a barely used '03 in Silver (Not 100th Anniversary) or an '04 'B' in Black. I was wondering if you think the Black B will be harder to keep clean?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Black always shows more dirt then any other color. Both will be a dream to clean in comparison to the 02' rods wiht the anodized skinz. Either way you can't go wrong. Imho you get more bang for your buck with the 03'.

·
Registered
145 Posts
SobrietySucks said:
:confused: I am looking at either a barely used '03 in Silver (Not 100th Anniversary) or an '04 'B' in Black. I was wondering if you think the Black B will be harder to keep clean?
How you going to get an '03 that isn't Anniversay?

No matter, but I would buy an A as opposed to the B - A has much more stock chrome and will be easier to keep looking clean, as all the stuff that isn't chrome needs extra polish. Not to mention that if you ever want to go chrome, it will cost you more for parts and labor.

I've got '03 annodized, and Cleaning is a pain. Your level of clean may be different than others, but I spend at least a 1/2 hour cleaning before every ride, and then usually 2-3 hours cleaning and re-polishing on the weekend.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My BAD...I meant not the 2 tone paint and extra Anniv. stuff.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
russojerry said:
Black always shows more dirt then any other color. Both will be a dream to clean in comparison to the 02' rods with the anodized skinz. Either way you can't go wrong. Imho you get more bang for your buck with the 03'.
How do you mean "More bang for buck" THe '04 has a 24 month warranty....what is it that I am missing....chrome? standard security? 100th Anniversary?

SS

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The vrsca has cam covers and side covers and clutch covers are all chrome while on the b they are polished aluminum.

Either choice is good, it's a win win option. The added 24 month warranty included is a plus.

Max

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
My 03 all silver bike is actually pretty easy to keep clean. Especially now that I have used Mothers Billet on the aluminum.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Greg687 said:
My 03 all silver bike is actually pretty easy to keep clean. Especially now that I have used Mothers Billet on the aluminum.
What he said....The '03 silver, in my experience, doesn't need too much cleaning at all. If the wheels are done regularly, you'll just have to do a quick polish on the chrome every once in awhile.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
My anodized aluminum '03 is super easy to clean and you don't have to wax it or deal w/ paint scratches! As a matter of fact, the anodized parts are the easiest parts on the bike to keep clean!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Black is Bad!

I have a black bike and we are talking about a small front and rear fenders and a airbox cover, no big deal to keep clean. And to me there isn't any better harley combo than black and chrome ( or polished aluminun)! :2cents: :cheers: :biker: Fredfryguy

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have a 2004 VRSC - B in Black,
It is just as hard to keep clean as anything black, unless you stay on top of it.

Max is correct about the A having Chrome and the B having Polished Alum.
Depends how bad you want black. :ride:

·
Speed Freak
88 Posts
Part of the reason I bought the 'b' was the lack of chrome. Makes it look like more of a hardcore machine in my opinion. I also preferred the gauge cluster/riser on the b over the a. Keeping the black clean isn't all that difficult

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you're a "clean nut".. anodized is much easier... I had a black deuce and black fatboy and they were dust magnets... if you want to see TOUGH... try all chrome with acid ghost flame Ozzy Skins... they're so dog gone nice it breaks my heart to see a speck of dust on them.

WITH THAT SAID... OZZY SKINS TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!!.. they MADE my bike... My bike is more garage art than bike that gets ridden all the time... so for me... the ONLY way to go.

If you do go for the black one... I saw a REALLY COOL DEMO B at centenial HD in medina, ohio all black, black frame, swingarm powdercoated black, handlebars, controls, insturments all black, chrome stock wheels, very cool looking. just an idea.. as you know you won't leave it stock..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts