Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some Metz tires, and want to make sure i got the right one for the rear. The number on it is 200/50 R18 M/C 76V

Thanks

AJ

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was this a dumb question? Will someone Please go check the numbers on their Metz rear tire and see if it is the same as what i have?

Thanks

AJ

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
They are the same tire, one sounds like the sidewall marking and the other sounds like the printed band around the new tire. Both are V rated 200/50 aspect 18" motorcycle tires. The 76V on the end of yours is the load and speed rating. Where the tire was manufactured or the target market will determine whether the "V" is put on the load rating at the end or imbedded in the aspect ratio like it is on jlbait's tire.

The fact that they removed the V from the VR is odd but not uncommon. Here's a link you might find interesting:

http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/product_info/pcare/warranty.asp#

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just ordered at 200 metz from our "group buy". I was just out in the garage really looking at the bike... has anyone ever seen a v rod the 200 WOULD NOT FIT on? it certainly looks tight!!!!!!

everything from the lower AND upper belt guard to the inner fender.

Is it going to fit? am I just looking for trouble?

anyone ever have to trim the UPPER guard?

anyone ever have to trim METAL off the lower... or just plastic....

thanks

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
gthong said:
I just ordered at 200 metz from our "group buy". I was just out in the garage really looking at the bike... has anyone ever seen a v rod the 200 WOULD NOT FIT on? it certainly looks tight!!!!!!

thanks
gthong - I had to have my upper belt guard trimmed, but not the lower. Go figure.

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
gthong said:

thanks
My setup with Skullman LOWERED shocks:
- trim off inner part of lower belt guard
- trim top of upper belt guard
- trim fender struts***

I haven't decided what to do with the fender struts yet, just a trim job or partial removal. This only became a problem with the lowered shocks and riding 2UP.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i THINK WHILE I'm in there next week with the tire off I take a heavy duty "welding" grinder to the inside lip of the fender struts... I just cannot see how in the world even the 180 fits up there. suddenly I'm not feeling too great about this 200 tire thing...

hey... what is the torque spec for the rear axle please...

Hey VAL... chrome or stock belt guards?

thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Torque Spec for the rear axel nut is 100-110 lbs/ft manual also advises not to over tighten as can cause rear axel bearing seizure

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
I've already trimmed my fender tabs and upper belt guard for the new tire. I just removed the lower guard! Can't wait for the wider tire to come in :dance:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for info everyone, thanks for the link MJW930.

AJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts