Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone about an hour ago with the parts guy @ Sheldon's HD regarding availability for the new SERT and he says "Yes we have them, but we just recieved an internal memo yesterday that says there's a problem with them......some bug regarding the V-Rod setup. They work perfectly fine for touring and sportster applications, but you might want to hold off on this......"
????????????????

I believe him, 'cause has anyone in here ever heard a stealer saleman recommend NOT buying an in stock part?????

Anyone hear anything at all about this? He said he wasn't sure exactly WHAT it was about the V-Rods issue with this SERT and he'd look into it. I was hoping to pick it up on Friday with my bike.......

·
Registered
378 Posts
Might have to do with the fact that 2008 is the first year for o2 sensors on the V-Rod. The air-cooled had them in 2007. But it is just a guess. I suspect that they would need to be disabled in some manner to run open loop for proper tuning.

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
I just got off the phone about an hour ago with the parts guy @ Sheldon's HD regarding availability for the new SERT and he says "Yes we have them, but we just recieved an internal memo yesterday that says there's a problem with them......some bug regarding the V-Rod setup. They work perfectly fine for touring and sportster applications, but you might want to hold off on this......"
????????????????

I believe him, 'cause has anyone in here ever heard a stealer saleman recommend NOT buying an in stock part?????

Anyone hear anything at all about this? He said he wasn't sure exactly WHAT it was about the V-Rods issue with this SERT and he'd look into it. I was hoping to pick it up on Friday with my bike.......
Just picked a SERT without the cables for 367.96. Cables are an extra 25.50. These are brand new and will work on 02'-07'.
It was through MandMcycles.com. Number there is 419-624-8739. Ask for Mark or Linda. Great People and very helpful

Jim

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
... I believe him, 'cause has anyone in here ever heard a stealer saleman recommend NOT buying an in stock part?????...
I talked to a service guy once who didn't know what I meant by SERT, then when I said 'race tuner' he said 'oh OK, but why spend the money for that vs a power commander?!'

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3cube said:
I talked to a service guy once who didn't know what I meant by SERT, then when I said 'race tuner' he said 'oh OK, but why spend the money for that vs a power commander?!'
Keith (The dude) knew all about SERT's etc....and he was pushing every possible add-on they had for a Rod....sissy bars, mufflers, aftermarket shocks etc....So as to have them "covered under warranty"-HA!
As to the SERT vs. PCIII...well, I just like the total control...even for idle that's possible w/ this unit.......and I'm gonna get it for roughly a similar price...$356.99....and later, if I do more..or just want to have that bike hummin' as tight as possible, I can couple it up w/ a twinscanII+ and have constant on the fly adjustments made etc......

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
myneed4speed said:
I didn't see a memo when I was at work last night but I will double check.
Thanks, bud...I called a guy over at a different dealer, Paramount HD and he said he hadn't heard of this either?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts