Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna take the PC map for my ST's and compare it to the slip-on and 16gage PC maps.Take the differences between.Then make corrections to both the SE slip-on and 16 gage maps on the RT,in the F&R VE tables and F&R spark tables.Then go riding with the data mode.and decide which map is better.That should get me closer,than starting with a stock map.

Sound like a plan?

to bad it's gonna rain all day,today. :soapbox:
Spring bites too much rain.

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
What do you mean with "getting closer than starting with a stock map"?
Is your setup different to available maps?

rain is bad, snow is worse....

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Turbotec pipes.way better than the stock pipes.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Does the PC map only show AFR? If so, you might as well compare to whatever the RT map because in the RT the AFR do not change between the 16ga or SE slip on maps, only the VE tables change and they are vs % throttle opening.

Rain is better because practice power slides are predictable, unless the front goes then BLAM. Try this in the snow, BLAM. Either way you won't get hurt, too slow for that. (eh, not on the rod of course, the bigger they are the harder they fall)

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Man! I gotta go. But Vinny, read all the EFI stuff here with Mark and Jan on them you'll get stuff out of it for sure, you probably have already. Anything you do to try and understand will always be a good start. If you do please explain it to me. Mark knows the PC too. I'm not so sure if the absolute numbers on different system tables would be comparable even if same. You should say WAAAAAAY better than stock with the TT's.

I hate my MF beepers at times like these, cell phones are much much worst.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Vinny,

The PC numbers are percentages, not absolutes. What that means is the PC will add XX percent more or less fuel to what the ECM is telling the injectors. Example, the ECM fires the injector for 10.00 milliseconds and the PC, at that point in it's map, is told to add 15, the resulting pulse sent to the injector is 11.50 milliseconds.

The RT numbers are actually the front end numbers the computer uses to calculate the 10.00 millisecond pulse width. They are not interchangeable with the PC tables BUT, you can use the PC tables to estimate the % increase (or decrease) in AFR or VE for that particular point. Since the % is based on a duty cycle of the injector I would divide that number by 2 in the conversion.

Example: (7000 rpm, 100% TPS)

PC map = 5
VE = 96.5
AFR = 13.0
Adjusted VE = 96.5 * 1.025 = 98.9
OR
Adjusted AFR = 13.0 * .975 = 12.675 (12.7)

(Adjust AFR OR VE, not both)

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mjw930 said:
Vinny,

The PC numbers are percentages, not absolutes. What that means is the PC will add XX percent more or less fuel to what the ECM is telling the injectors. Example, the ECM fires the injector for 10.00 milliseconds and the PC, at that point in it's map, is told to add 15, the resulting pulse sent to the injector is 11.50 milliseconds.

The RT numbers are actually the front end numbers the computer uses to calculate the 10.00 millisecond pulse width. They are not interchangeable with the PC tables BUT, you can use the PC tables to estimate the % increase (or decrease) in AFR or VE for that particular point. Since the % is based on a duty cycle of the injector I would divide that number by 2 in the conversion.

Example: (7000 rpm, 100% TPS)

PC map = 5
VE = 96.5
AFR = 13.0
Adjusted VE = 96.5 * 1.025 = 98.9
OR
Adjusted AFR = 13.0 * .975 = 12.675 (12.7)

(Adjust AFR OR VE, not both)
That is what I was trying to explain.but the words didn't come out right.I was only going to change the VE tables. :mrgr:
Ok I got it after reading it a couple times. ;)
So if the PC was 6% then the VE would be 1.03 or .970 times different.
:hmm:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
:thumb: Yep, 6% PC enrichment would translate to a .970 correction to the VE table (remember to do both front and rear :) )

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool,Thanks Mark.
I went to the dealers today to get the map.and my tuner wasn't there.And nobody could find any custom maps on the dyno computer.Tuner had them in a file with a password.I told them I'll be back.I'm just gonna have someone come over load my PC software on there laptop and get the map that way.

I just think there is a higher force working against me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts