Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

New to the forum. I think this is a really good deal but figured you guys have the experience. A 2002 VROD, 1,100 miles, SE 16ga pipes (plus the originals), hi flow air filter and remapped ECU, chromed forks, pillion, luggage rack, Harley Custom paint job (doesnt have original tins) one of the 1 out of 200 jobbers green with blue flames, 7 year warranty, 5+ years left, Stinger Trailer ($1,400 brand new), alarm, fairing, full set of leathers and 4 helmets I guess the jacket and chaps are $850 new (top of the line Harley and luckily we're the same size) and some other small assorted chrome pieces (Belt covers, new mirrors) for $18.5k delivered (Im in Boston he's in CA)

Thanks for all thoughts,
Dean

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
deanp said:
Hey Guys,

New to the forum. I think this is a really good deal but figured you guys have the experience. A 2002 VROD, 1,100 miles, SE 16ga pipes (plus the originals), hi flow air filter and remapped ECU, chromed forks, pillion, luggage rack, Harley Custom paint job (doesnt have original tins) one of the 1 out of 200 jobbers green with blue flames, 7 year warranty, 5+ years left, Stinger Trailer ($1,400 brand new), alarm, fairing, full set of leathers and 4 helmets I guess the jacket and chaps are $850 new (top of the line Harley and luckily we're the same size) and some other small assorted chrome pieces (Belt covers, new mirrors) for $18.5k delivered (Im in Boston he's in CA)

Thanks for all thoughts,
Dean
Dean,
You could shop around and find a bike for 15k ,but if you want all those extras,and delievery"$400-$600 forward Air"+ a Trailer you could still do the same.The Guy has spent a Ton No doubt about it and I'm sure it's a Beuatiful Bike. :deal: Tell'm $17.5 is all Super Kaz say's I should Pay for EVERYTHING DELIVERED TO MY DOOR! :kaz:

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
Figure that you can get (if you search) a *stock* '02 with low mileage for $14K. Then decide how much of that other stuff you really want. He has certainly put over $20K into the bike and goodies, but add-ons rarely get their value back.

After all that money and effort, he's barely ridden it. Do you know why he's selling?

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Welcome Dean! Definitely haggle your way up to a price, he must not be doing to well selling it in CA. I would start with a lower offer then Kaz's suggestion and see where it get you.

Don't mean to interrupt too much here, but the us New England V-Rodders welcome you. Keep an eye out for the events that we have planned for Laconia Bike Week! See you soon...

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
If you just want the v-rod you can get a better deal. But if you think you will buy the other stuff anyway then it's probably a good deal.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Dean, I think it's a good, solid deal with only 1100 miles and all the stuff that's included, as long as he hasn't had major problems with the bike. Good question from Morey -- why is he selling?

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
There was just advertised in Vancouver, Wa an 02 with only 79 miles on it. Completely stock for 13,800. I was very tempted but want a B model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts