Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2015 vrod muscle in OKO vicinity. Rode it back to FtWorth and it seemed a little sluggish and mileage was horrible. Almost 2 full tanks of fuel seems excessive. When I got near my home the temp light was on and the heat left 2 dedree burns on the back of thigh. I figure it lean or something. It is fitted with the Akro full exhaust so I was assuming it was tuned. One other thing it was about 104 outside.

Recheckecking oil and radiator in the morning

Any thoughts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I just picked up a 2015 vrod muscle in OKO vicinity. Rode it back to FtWorth and it seemed a little sluggish and mileage was horrible. Almost 2 full tanks of fuel seems excessive. When I got near my home the temp light was on and the heat left 2 dedree burns on the back of thigh. I figure it lean or something. It is fitted with the Akro full exhaust so I was assuming it was tuned. One other thing it was about 104 outside.

Recheckecking oil and radiator in the morning

Any thoughts
Probably way too rich if you feel mileage is that bad. This forces flame way down the pipe making it feel hotter then normal. 104 taxes the cooling system. Make sure your fans are working, coolant topped up and air bled out of the system as possible reason for that temp light. I run the Akra as well. Heat wise, no real difference over stock. Mind you at 104 I wouldn't go out of the house. Never see that in Ontario.
Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response, After spending all day cleaning the bike up I went to the gas station to fill up and go riding , the bike ran poorly and after a few minutes it was very hot again . I filled her up and she would stall everytime I came to a stop. Saw Jesus in a roundabout. I know overheating will cause stalling issues. I had asked about the Akrp pipe on teh bike and if it had a tune for that and was told yes. I have a Dynojet PC5 coming, Do you think a better tune would help..... I had a bad feeling when I got to the dealer and they sold the vrod I had inquired about aftr they knew I was coming. I have already got finance approval and an appointment . I felt they should have had a sale pending at the least or called me before I drove 200 miles THey will be hearing from me tomorrow. I was hoping my HD experience was going to be better than this..,. this is what I always thought.,. dead on the side of the road. Been riding almost daily 40 + years and this is my first HD so sorry if negative but I am pissed

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Thank you for the response, After spending all day cleaning the bike up I went to the gas station to fill up and go riding , the bike ran poorly and after a few minutes it was very hot again . I filled her up and she would stall everytime I came to a stop. Saw Jesus in a roundabout. I know overheating will cause stalling issues. I had asked about the Akrp pipe on teh bike and if it had a tune for that and was told yes. I have a Dynojet PC5 coming, Do you think a better tune would help..... I had a bad feeling when I got to the dealer and they sold the vrod I had inquired about aftr they knew I was coming. I have already got finance approval and an appointment . I felt they should have had a sale pending at the least or called me before I drove 200 miles THey will be hearing from me tomorrow. I was hoping my HD experience was going to be better than this..,. this is what I always thought.,. dead on the side of the road. Been riding almost daily 40 + years and this is my first HD so sorry if negative but I am pissed
Don't think any v rod owner can claim a good experience from a HD dealer. I have no love for the bastards. In your case, I'd be really pissed too. If the dealer claimed it has a tune, I'd be very sceptical. In that case the PCV with base tune will improve the heat situation if its tune related currently. PCV base cals are quite rich and best results can only be had by altering the base AFRs to a leaner state and using the Autotune module with it's WB sensors to dial it in from there. What I'm trying to wrap my head around is you mentioned terrible gas mileage in the first post. It will run like crap if too rich too as well as a long flame front heating the pipe up more then normal. By hot, do you mean the temp light comes on and fans never shut off? Heat is relative otherwise and could be normal. If your bike has O2 sensors, I would have bought the PV1B rather then the PCV. It will autotune using the onboard stock sensors and has a whole bunch of other features, like monitoring engine temps, charging, and choice of sensors to view as desired. No O2 factory sensors , then PCV and AT is the best solution.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts