Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the blinkers relocated to the top of the forks, and swap the mirrors under the handle bars. Checked and HD wanted 60 bones.

Cheaper way of doing it? 60 isnt the worst I spose but I thought Id check the all knowing 1130cc before plunking down.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Any Relo kits for sale in the parts section of this forum?
Maybe post up in the "wanted" section?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Cheaper? Sure. Place your right hand in your pocket, left hand around a beverage, and walk away from the motorcycle! The lights work fine up there! The words mod and cheap are never used in the same sentence. Because, once you move the lights down, you will realize how much better a LED light would look down there. Then, you go to the back one, and promptly order a Heavycycles light. Soon, you go right off the deep end, and you can't stop!
Post up in WTB - some one has a set. Joe

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
I have two sets of the older style relo kits where they clamp around the fork rather than bolt into the trees. I'd give you the P/N but when you reference it on the HD site it shows a pic of the newer bolt-in style. That is how I came to have two of them. I would sell either for $25 + actual shipping (Just saw you are in Canada) as that is what I paid.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I have two sets of the older style relo kits where they clamp around the fork rather than bolt into the trees. I'd give you the P/N but when you reference it on the HD site it shows a pic of the newer bolt-in style. That is how I came to have two of them. I would sell either for $25 + actual shipping (Just saw you are in Canada) as that is what I paid.
I like the old style better than the new simply because you could put them where you liked on the forks instead of Just at the bolts in the trees..

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to go into the bolts, at the top of the trees, and the older version wont do that. They look really good nice and tight up in there just below the handle bars.

My postal code is n5c 2z6 if you would like to give me a shipping price thumbs up, by the time i pay ship and duty it could come close to new tho.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
there's a post here somewhere where a member built a relo kit from Ace Hardware parts for about 10 bucks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there's a post here somewhere where a member built a relo kit from Ace Hardware parts for about 10 bucks.
Thats exactly the sorta thing i was wondering about.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
I like the old style better than the new simply because you could put them where you liked on the forks instead of Just at the bolts in the trees..
I ran one set of those for a couple years but for some reason they just stick out way too far for me. Right now I just use the TS mirrors I have and I may just be fine with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts