Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly me just picked up the signal relocation kit pn #57205-05 and didn't check it until I got home. It's chrome and the mounting point in front is black. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Of course it's a hour back to the dealer.......

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
I don't think anyone has a black relocation kit. You're better off either painting it or having it powdercoated.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dark_HD_07 said:
I don't think anyone has a black relocation kit. You're better off either painting it or having it powdercoated.
Thanks for the info. I looked, but I didn't find......

·
matt blk & fire hot
1,569 Posts
trbo2nr said:
Silly me just picked up the signal relocation kit pn #57205-05 and didn't check it until I got home. It's chrome and the mounting point in front is black. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Of course it's a hour back to the dealer.......
Yeah, there is. but it looks like the same part you just bought, only powder coated and $ marked up a bit. if I see it I will post, look at the home page to start.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MY_VRSCDX said:
Yeah, there is. but it looks like the same part you just bought, only powder coated and $ marked up a bit. if I see it I will post, look at the home page to start.
Thanks. I'll keep looking.

·
INVICTUS
127 Posts
waterwerks said:
Just send it to Tyson and have him powder coat it for you...
Or better yet have him order it and powdercoat it for you.

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
edogg1k89 said:
Or better yet have him order it and powdercoat it for you.

Why do that if he already has the part?? He can just talk out the two parts that need coated and send them to Tyson....

·
INVICTUS
127 Posts
waterwerks said:
Why do that if he already has the part?? He can just talk out the two parts that need coated and send them to Tyson....
Cost effectiveness. If he has the chrome, its probably more expensive than the standard. He could return the chrome and have Tyson get the standard and powdercoat for about the same price. I havent done the research on the prices but seems to make sense.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had the same problem...

I bought the same kit and sanded the chrome polish , sprayed a couple coats of primer and then some gloss black paint and it looks great. If I knew where to have it powdercoated I may have gone that route, but I'm not a very patient person and wanted to move the turn signals "right now".

Rick

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
What they look like after the PC...Tyson did these...my front axle bolt covers and the rear axle covers as well...the pics are in my gallery!!

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
if you go with the drag specialties ones..same as VMOD.....you only see a small amount of chrome....they are much more low profile the the HD relo kit ......i decided not to have mine PC since so little of them actually show..

here is what i got from VMOD..

EDIT:...for anyone thinking of these,they are much uglier then i thought when all installed,due to the other bolt/nut union which is on the signal itself...I ended up buying the HD relo kit and will have it powdered black(like waterworks has)...they look much better.

dan

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
brackets.

trbo2nr said:
Keep them and powdercoat them. Is worth doing. With the stock light or mod them for aftermarket ones. I'm very happy with mine. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
manolo said:
Keep them and powdercoat them. Is worth doing. With the stock light or mod them for aftermarket ones. I'm very happy with mine. Good luck.
Yeah, I'm going to contact Tyson to have them taken care of. Thanks everyone.

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
You need to have them PCed. A buddy and I bought the same ones, I PCed mine right away, he didn't and the chrome started peeling off in 2 weeks. It only cost me $30 to have it done with some other bolts thrown in.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts