Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
08 VROD VRSCAW
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having work done to my 08 VRSCAW over the course of the next couple weeks(waiting on 58mm TB, Jones Cams/beehive springs/risers, Motohooligan Intake).

The dealer said they cannot work with the PCIII I currently have installed/mapped(without all the upgrades...have a 2-1 v&h exhaust and running topless currently).

As such they said they can install a PCV or a Power Vision and I'm wondering...for a guy who will not be street mapping or really adjusting anything himself...which is the better option?

Just want all my upgrades installed / the bike tuned to perfection with whatever they install and leave it until a couple grand later when I get everything rechecked to make sure the bike is still working properly(will check valves after putting 500-1000 miles on the bike).

TLDR; For a Stage 2/3ish build and a user who will not be adjusting anything himself via a street tune, which is better? PCV or Power Vision?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I am having work done to my 08 VRSCAW over the course of the next couple weeks(waiting on 58mm TB, Jones Cams/beehive springs/risers, Motohooligan Intake).

The dealer said they cannot work with the PCIII I currently have installed/mapped(without all the upgrades...have a 2-1 v&h exhaust and running topless currently).

As such they said they can install a PCV or a Power Vision and I'm wondering...for a guy who will not be street mapping or really adjusting anything himself...which is the better option?

Just want all my upgrades installed / the bike tuned to perfection with whatever they install and leave it until a couple grand later when I get everything rechecked to make sure the bike is still working properly(will check valves after putting 500-1000 miles on the bike).

TLDR; For a Stage 2/3ish build and a user who will not be adjusting anything himself via a street tune, which is better? PCV or Power Vision?
I would have a search on here for info on 58mm TB's as the general concensus seems to be that unless you go big cc's they don't do anything or have a negative effect.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You can use a pcIII, they just don't want to tune it. They would rather install a pcv and just drop a map in it. There is little difference between a pcIII and pcv on how they work. The pcv can load a map without the 9 volt battery off the bike and can add autotune. That's the only difference between the 2

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Powervision will likely offer more tables to work with. Revolution has a lot of reversion and something like EGR or as PV calls it Charge Dilution tables can make a huge difference in quality in tune. You can go PV1 for NB sensors, Pro for Widebands and Target Tune with Widebands as well. You also get a cool monitor you can set signals to view if the unit is hard mounted. There is a learning curve to all of these.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts