Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
HOLY RODKNOCKERS !
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their a problem with our bikes that, Harley is dropping the price to 14-14.5 k for our bikes. I guess were the next Buell ! Thanx Harley. :paper:

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
No -- actually it might start attracting some customers who already believe that HD bikes are overpriced...

·
HOLY RODKNOCKERS !
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that why I just paid 24.6K for a 2011 Roadglide Ultra they, better give me some change.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Still $17000 at my dealership. I tried to refinance my '08 at my bank a few months ago and the kelly blue book value was $14000.

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Still $17000 at my dealership. I tried to refinance my '08 at my bank a few months ago and the kelly blue book value was $14000.
never known a bank to use kelley blue book values. They usually go with NADA value just like insurance companies. Seems only dealers want to use kelley blue book when they tell ya how much its worth to justify their high price. But will break out the NADA to get ya a price for your trade in...

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
The local dealers with used bikes are takin one in the rear on the new lowered prices. I looked at a 08 Stock DX yesterday they advertised for $15,999. I can buy a new one for $15750 plus tax etc. They dropped the price to $13,999. I've been lookin for an excuse to buy a new one, I just may have found it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
never known a bank to use kelley blue book values. They usually go with NADA value just like insurance companies. Seems only dealers want to use kelley blue book when they tell ya how much its worth to justify their high price. But will break out the NADA to get ya a price for your trade in...
Nah, I meant I looked it up on Kelly Blue Book and it was $14,000. That was awhile ago though.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
change

Is that why I just paid 24.6K for a 2011 Roadglide Ultra they, better give me some change.
You got ripped...
ask for change or post sale rebate:banghead:

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Kelley Bluezzzz Book

Nah, I meant I looked it up on Kelly Blue Book and it was $14,000. That was awhile ago though.
I'm guessing, the Kelley Blue Book needs to adjusted with economy?:deal:
When does the new book/ issue arrive?

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
The local dealers with used bikes are takin one in the rear on the new lowered prices. I looked at a 08 Stock DX yesterday they advertised for $15,999. I can buy a new one for $15750 plus tax etc. They dropped the price to $13,999. I've been lookin for an excuse to buy a new one, I just may have found it.
Unless it has ABS spend the extra 699 and get an 2011 DX for 14,699 (new msrp)

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Is their a problem with our bikes that, Harley is dropping the price to 14-14.5 k for our bikes. I guess were the next Buell ! Thanx Harley. :paper:
It's known as deflation - not a good sign for the economy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The economy for one. And Face it, this bike appeals to younger riders but is kind of pricey for some young bucks. I think it's a good move, it puts it in line with other sporty power cruisers and the V-Rod has the goods to out do them

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
OUCH!! To each his own but DAMN! $25k on a bike just focks my head up. Very few cars are worth that.

If you can turn $25k on a 2 wheel scoot, a Harley no less, I wouldn't think you need fret about their prices dropping. They did similar in 2008 and people bitched then. I always laugh. It's a luxury item, not an investment. You go in knowing you're gonna lose your ass don't you? Even at their resale peek you would leave some jack behind, no surprise here that numbers are dropping!

·
Registered
70 Posts
the big bad m109r le msrp is $14,999.00 so maybe they are triing to more competative in the sport cruiser market...
That is the other muscle cruiser I was contemplating when I went with my NRS. I wanted a M109 when I got my ST1300 4yrs ago, but read about some serious motor and safety issues... so when I looked this year, I just went with the Vrod..

I did pay 13k for my bike with 2k on the clock ABS and Sec... but a new one for that price would have been nice too!

·
Noel
4,585 Posts
It's known as deflation - not a good sign for the economy.
:them:

So long as this breif period of deflationary pricing does not accelerate, and the current monetary policy's turn around we & new buyers will benfit.

Let's avoid wide spread deflation, the other side of this could lead inflation or hyperinflation, especially if our currency weakens.

Louis and a few others could straighten me out on these points if I'm off track.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would think that between the economy and trying to boost sales, the prices had to drop a bit. Not to mention that V-Rods, other than the Muscle, haven't been totally re-designed since their inception. I'm sure they are making money.

·
james
601 Posts
That is the other muscle cruiser I was contemplating when I went with my NRS. I wanted a M109 when I got my ST1300 4yrs ago, but read about some serious motor and safety issues... so when I looked this year, I just went with the Vrod..

I did pay 13k for my bike with 2k on the clock ABS and Sec... but a new one for that price would have been nice too!
bigger peeps that are not as flexible pick the 109... i sat on one and the thing is a monster... i have seen some modified ones that looked cool but mine is still better...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts