Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, I know its a HARLEY. But i thought the VROD was against the norm. Since the bike came out the "Changes" have been laughable at best. Take a 2002 VROD vs a 2011 VROD and im pretty sure its equal. Hell the 2002 might out handle it even!

With all these new bikes coming out, is HD giving up or what?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
There is "Harley Technology" than there is "Motorcycle Technology". In the Harley World the Revo Powered Bikes are the Top of the line. In the Motorcycle world not so much.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
NO.the late vrods are better than the early bikes.too many improvements to list from a mechanics pov.to those who know f.a about the workings they will remain ignorant and keep bashing it.its still the best ROAD bike out there and will last longer than those other fad bikes out there. if you look after it it will retain its beauty way longer also.i dont understand why those who bash it keep haunting this site.thats why this site has lost its edge imho.go ride your hondas and leave us be.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO.the late vrods are better than the early bikes.too many improvements to list from a mechanics pov.to those who know f.a about the workings they will remain ignorant and keep bashing it.its still the best ROAD bike out there and will last longer than those other fad bikes out there. if you look after it it will retain its beauty way longer also.i dont understand why those who bash it keep haunting this site.thats why this site has lost its edge imho.go ride your hondas and leave us be.
ahah ok kiwi, maybe you should get off the island more and see theres a lot more tech out there to be had.

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Personally, I think the styling is timeless. Just as the V-Max had been for so many years. Don't go and bash me about the V-Max because it has its following even more so than the Vrod. That really isn't the perfect example as the moco is very traditional when it comes to styling. They do not stray too far from the norm. It just so happens that they build a damn good bike (best motorcycle they have ever built) and were out of their league. They have stepped up and made several different models of the same bike and that is as far as they are willing to go. Not necessarily a bad thing, just what they know. As for my opinion, if you compare the vrod to comparable bikes, the vrod is still ahead of the curve. And I guess thats the only way you could compare.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
blue skys-cool temps...

I think I'll go "field test" my '11 VRSCF and get back to ya-goin' ridin now:moped::blahblah:

·
Soy City Rider
53 Posts
Outdated no. Under utilized yes, they should've put this motor in some other platform
(bagger or Buell design) by now in my opinion.

Mine get's rave reviews/ attention everywhere & it's mostly stock @ this point.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,460 Posts
The technology wasn't new in 2002.
That was 10 years from original development as a 1000cc Superbike and 7 years from the time that program was dropped to develope it into a road bike. That was 9 model years ago.

With that said I could own almost any motorcycle I want and do have other bikes in my garage. I still enjoy throwing a leg of the V-Rod and going for a ride.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
There is "Harley Technology" than there is "Motorcycle Technology". In the Harley World the Revo Powered Bikes are the Top of the line. In the Motorcycle world not so much.
sadly numnuts above hit the nail on the head. Although you may want to pick up a shop manual for a 2002 and one for a 2011 and compare before you continue to speak about the "lack" of evolution of the VRSC lineup. brakes, frame, fuel cell, fuel sending unit(s), tranny, clutch, and suspension just to name a few of the upgrades.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
this bike is now *VINTAGE* some say while wearing scarfs. I could give a shYt it looks killer even thought its almost 10years old people still ask if its a brand new bike and what is it etc. Itll be a classic no question though...

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
and now come the "HArley Brigade" to "Stop any negative talk about a Harley" Calm down drama queens, no one is saying "The Bike Sucks" etc.... Harley Introduced Their New Tech Bike 10 years ago, The other MC co's had already been at that point over a decade ago. Just because it took HD that Much longer doesn't mean its "better". The "Norm" it goes against is the Harley Brigade itself. Time to get all your Nuts out of their bunches.

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
Still the best looking bike I've ever seen and had - for sure it's not out dated but still out standing cause nothing got me attracted like the Rod since 02 again. No matter if you park it between other Harleys, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki or whatever, people look at the V-Rod. I just don't understand this VRSC-bashing here - what is it? What has changed the last two, three years here?

No other bike in the last 8 years gave the customizing scene more new input to explore new possibilities, seems like it's just the beginning of it.

No other bike was paid more attention from other M-Companys.

Not because it was a HD! It was because of an absolute facinating engine, an designd that you had to look on again and again.

Others might be faster, safer, more practical, cheaper by the meantime - but they've got no soul.

You do not buy at least a bike because of it's sum of technical dates or if it's 10 years ahead or behind - you buy it with your eyes and your heart. You do not buy a Fat Boy because it is modern or a Harley - no, because it's timeless. Same to the V-Rod. HD and Willie G. designed an absolute timeless bike - no need for hunting latest innovation as long as it delivers what is expected: a pure, honest ride.

And to clearify that: I'm not a Harley-Zombie and for sure I would even buy a BMW or so if they would present such a bike. But they don't. They present bikes that mostly can do everything better - and looks like a Grand Canyon of uninspired design were form follows function. If you expect that from a bike, well, then go with it. A word to the Diavel: a plastic-explosion and in no way comparable. Much luck with italian bikes - selling experimental bikes to customers who love to do the testrides for the MC maybe the nest 3 years untill they stop production or declare insolvency. Unforunately: We have to love the italians, no question.

As the best of all wifes said: A bike has to shock or to rock- the Rod does both.

@luxlamf: you own one - has it fulfilled you're expections or not?

Chewey said it: Who cares....

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
you mean the flat rattle can black is not considered an advancement? .......I mean come on it's sooo rad,, I say it's time to take your orbital sander out to your outdated bike and get sanding...bring that bike into the new millennium :moped:

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldnt argue....the bike looks DAMN good. I get compliments...im strictly talking techin comparison to other Motos

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
I wouldnt argue....the bike looks DAMN good. I get compliments...im strictly talking techin comparison to other Motos
What exactly do you miss - strictly talking techin compared to ther Motos?

1 - 20 of 244 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.