Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Is the V-rod your first Harley?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The V-rod is my first Harley. I'm curious if it is the first Harley for a significant percentage of V-rod buyers. (Forgive me if this poll has been done recently - I'm new to the forum.)

·
Registered
257 Posts
i had a sportster for a year

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
My fifth, after my 54 Pan, 50 Pan, 39 Knucklehead and my 89 Sportster. There were several othe rmakes in between too. Hondas, Suzukis, MotoGuzzis and Bridgestone.

Miss the 39 Knuckle the most!!

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
I had a Sporty for 5 yrs. I loved that bike and still have a soft spot for the model, all it's quirks included. Since I got my V-Rod, my new FAVORITE of the Harley line, my old Sporty, which ate the big twins for breakfast, suddenly feels obsolete in hindsight. With the VRSC, I took a step up the food chain because the VRSC would chomp the Sporty in race! I still got my sights set on my birthday bike...1972 XL for a custom weekend garage project. I never quit liking the traditional twins or the classics. Just the VRSC offers all I want in a ride and then some. Looks, performance, and reasonably affordable (if you shop around for the new 03 models).

Later,
Gary

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
First HD. Owned a BSA since '67, but sold it two weeks after purchasing the V-Rod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My third HD. Owned an EVO 98 RKC, Twin-Cam 01 Ultra...and a few sports bike before the Harleys...The V-Rod is by far the most awesome bike. ;)

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
At the present time, this is the best Harley they've ever made.It is my first Harley and it will be the only Harley,until they come out with something better.This bike is just pure excitement.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's my first Harley, but it's also my first motorcycle; so the statistic may be misleading...

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
:ride: 1ST street bike and harley, grew up on the dirt... rode everything from a mini bike to a KX 500. The vrod is a keeper it just seams to better with age!:ride:

·
1,828 Posts
6th Harley:
1. Sportster 883
2. Sportster Custom
3. Fat Boy
4. Ultra
5. Screamin' Eagle Electra

The best one?? You guessed right! V-ROD....

·
Registered
102 Posts
1st Harley (when I finally buy one - maybe soon?) but will be my second motorcycle...'been riding my 81 Honda CX500 since '82. My car hobby (big $ sponge) untill now has prevented me from getting the FatBoy I orginally wanted.

The 1st time I saw the V-Rod changed that!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts